Discuss Part P Course in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

rolyberkin

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Is this of any use at all or one to be avoided? I take it is not actually needed to join a competent persons scheme, I have nearly completed Level 3 2365 and have booked into a 17th Edition course exam.

Avoid like the plague, you already hold much better qualifications. To register with a CPS you are better off looking at what their requirements are, contacting them and explain your qualifications and experience. Ideally the next step you should take is to get the experience you need with a contractor and enroll at your local college/provider on the Level 3 NVQ 2357- 44, that way you will exceed what is expected by the CPS and also more importantly be recognised as a qualified Electrician in the industry and also by JIB.

Don't lower yourself :).

Okay, I intend to carry on with the 2357 so that answers my question if it is not needed then no point in doing it!

it's just a moneymaking scam by some of the training providers. all you need to do is download the parrt p of the building regs., read and understand it. cost is about an hour of your time.

Last edited:
As edoneil said dont lower yourself with it. If you want to join cpc (niceic di) all they want to see is 17th edition and a fat cheque believe or not.

Good luck
corrected that for you.

For JIB grading you don't even need a separate 17th edition qualification as the course you are studying is to the 17th. You just need to update when the 18th comes into being.

Reply to Part P Course in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock