Discuss part p -eastleigh college in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

salisbury spark

Done my part p fullscope in june at eastleigh over 7 fridays
Already done my 2330 part1 which helped

This was hard had 3 exam papers each friday after tutoring (papers were usually general stuff and some of stuff tutored on.
Also had a house circiut to design and install on a board - a garden socket -3 socket ring with jbox for kitchen fan and a spur. A 2way lighting ciruit and a one way switch of of the loop in/out light circuit.Bonding pipes and fitting out consumer unit. Then test and inspect and issue paperwork.

Needed 6 days to study for next lesson - dont know how people can pass 5day mon/fri course with out being in the trade.

Tutor - told us didnt want us 2 pass as he studied for years and we wont to pass in 7 days and take work from him. -Told us he would make it hard.

Only 3 out of 8 passed - some failed exams but all failed install with departures from BS7671 and lack of knowlege with testing.

Inspect and test we had 3 lessons to learn - this is at least a years college course -lots of cramming and trying to use test equipment correctly

Advise anyone with out install experience to do a 'pre' course which teaches u the correct installation procedures as tutor said only there to inspect our skills not teach us.....

Need pretty good understanding of regs

Any more advise please ask...

Last edited by a moderator:
It will be a Domestic Installers course you are doing

It has been stated on here on numerous occasions now PART P IS A BUILDING REGULATION not a B***** qualification.:mad::mad::mad:

hi greek,
i did 2330 and there was only level 2 (2 years) and level 3 (1 year).
not sure what he means by 2330 part 1.:confused:
2360 students will say it was harder than 2330, 2330 students wont agree but hey who cares its the qualification and whether you can do the job that matters ;);)
all the best
flukey

Reply to part p -eastleigh college in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock