Stroma Certification Scheme Part p for estate agents

Discuss Part p for estate agents in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Ampo

-
Reaction score
Anyone successfully work mainly for agents with part p with stoma or the like or are they all still stuck in the nic past? Only asking as I've just phoned nic to join and the attitude of the woman on the phone is a joke, as if shes doing me a favour so I'd rather go elsewhere but if peoples experience is that nic for this type of work is a must then so be it I guess

Yes I have and do work for estate agents and am Stroma registered. Never been an issue as long as you are registered.
i have had issues with a church in the past but only when I sent them their paperwork and they saw it wasn't nic! afaik and am lead to believe they are not allowed to discriminate between governing bodies and all should be treated the same otherwise nic would have a monopoly on it!
I would tell them that it's the same as nic and if they want to pay the extra cost for you to become nic then you will change scam providers!

I have done plenty of work for agents whilst being a member of Elecsa (pre-certsure) and Stroma. I have generally found through questioning that those that stipulate NICEIC have no idea why and think they are some sort of central mandatory register. Most will relent and let you do the work. Those that insist beyond justification or reason aren;t worth dealing with. In fact, most letting agents aren't worth dealing with.

Thanks guys, I will go with my gut and wallet and go stroma in that case. I dont want to argue with stupid
[automerge]1570633606[/automerge]
Scrap that, stroma it isn't, they sold out to Napit!

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I will go with my gut and wallet and go stroma in that case. I dont want to argue with stupid
[automerge]1570633606[/automerge]
Scrap that, stroma it isn't, they sold out to Napit!
Only sold they notification part to Stroma mate, I’ve been with stroma a couple of years now and was told at the beginning to report to them anyone demanding only NIC, not sure what they’d do but there you go......personally had enough of Stroma and will be going to Napit next year

Have had several insurance jobs which have specified qualified NICEIC electrician for the electrical work.

@Baddegg
Yes I was told the same, to report anyone who was insisting on nic only directly to Stroma.
Most of the time the people who I have encountered had no idea there was other electrical scams than nic and once informed were accommodating to the fact and changed their policies to encompass the others.

@Baddegg
Yes I was told the same, to report anyone who was insisting on nic only directly to Stroma.
Most of the time the people who I have encountered had no idea there was other electrical scams than nic and once informed were accommodating to the fact and changed their policies to encompass the others.
Feels a bit like we are doing they job for them though doesn’t it?....they should be promoting that fact and changing people’s knowledge and attitudes, ive met people who genuinely believe NIC EIC is an actual qualification ffs!
I’ve had it waiting weeks in end for Stroma to reply to an emails, shame as the first couple of years I couldn’t fault em....

It certainly does!
I had my annual inspection with them at the start of September and am still awaiting the confirmation letter and new ID card or an email to say thanks for paying us and your good to go for another year!
I don't know if I would go back to Napit, I was a member in the late 90s and had a falling out with the guy who came for the assessment who was told to leave quickly. I then joined elecsa who to be fair were great and was with them for nearly 10 years, until Stroma rang and offered the same thing for less, so jumped in with them.
The big thing is I don't do that much domestic, last year I only did 15 jobs that required LABC notification, so why would I want to pay 600quid when I can pay 305?!
I will wait and see what happens to the cost next year at renewing time I think before a decision is made!

Only sold they notification part to Stroma mate, I’ve been with stroma a couple of years now and was told at the beginning to report to them anyone demanding only NIC, not sure what they’d do but there you go......personally had enough of Stroma and will be going to Napit next year
But does that mean you can still get registered with them? When I spoke to them yesterday they said they are not taking on anybody new for part p as they have sold that part to napit. So I think they are shutting it down

I do stuff for estate agents. ISITEE and legionella risk assessment, plus photography and schedules etc.
Obviously the PAT stuff is the only relevant point here, and doesn't involve remedials outwith the scope of that. However, within that scope, I will do remedials where it is simple fixing, and as it's Scotland, no part P!
I generally find the agents fairly easy to work with as they want the PA Testing done yesterday, but properly, and any minor things corrected without undue fuss.
It's an ok sideline, and the work is easy enough, if a bit tedious at times.

Reporting someone for stipulating Nic only could have a negative response if the company or business decides that is who it wants

A customer will decide what person or company will do their work and the likes of Napit and the Nic can go whistle Dixie for all the clout they could muster
I suppose a taxpayer funded contract via a council or such may have to be seen to be fair handed, but even then they can contrive to have who they wish

Reply to Part p for estate agents in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock