Discuss Part P - NICEIC Assessment - Domestic Installer in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

malcolmwelsh

Hi All, just wondering if anyone has any words of wisdom that may help me with my Part P Assessment for the NICEIC Domestic Installer Scheme on Friday? Which areas should I focus on for learning? I have selected 2 jobs, one is a new DB in a shed and all the wiring and the other is a 16th century cottage in which I replaced the fuseboard. Both nightmares and on reflection really dumb jobs to have selected but too late now. What areas do assessors focus on? What do I need to watch out for? Any help appreciated.

Well just remember that he is there to PASS YOU , not to FAIL you as your going to give him a lot of your hard earned so relax a little.

I always found that I can tell if a guy knows what he is talking about electrically and his ability within the first 5 minutes, he will be the same because that is his job, and again remember he is there to PASS YOU.

Depending on what he discovers in that 5 minutes will dictate your assessment. If he feels your weak on something he will press you on it, and then most likely give you advice and point out where you are slipping, but remember he is there to PASS YOU.

As it the NICEIC they have strange concepts of things. So overplay the safe isolation they hate people working "LIVE" even if "LIVE" testing is not "LIVE" working. So gen up on that and the dead tests. Remember he is there to PASS YOU

Also have all your docs there, they asked for, they love a doc so the Part P approved Doc, your calibration cert, the EAWR-1998, Regs and if you have them a few of their over priced "Snag" books, and remember he is there to PASS YOU

If you don't know something don't waffle it, tell him your not sure and look it up. so get to know the regs, OSG, Electricians guide to the building Regs, and remember he is there to PASS YOU

Finally I'm sure there will be some testing he will ask you to do, most likely a dead test as they don't like the "LIVE" ones, oh I covered that, Have I mentioned yet that they are there to PASS YOU!!!

So try and relax, if you know your stuff, he will know you know it, and it will be a breeze, just 2 old sparks having a natter

depends who u get
for about 3 years i had a well anoying idiot who would ask me same old questions every time and in the end i said look pal i ain t forgotten how to do it since last time , still he went on like an old record . told me i was very knowledgable but insisted he asked me every question anyway , talk about a jobs worth , before that for 4 years i had sensible people
but yes its straight forward business

Hi macolmsanford, thanks so much for taking the time to respond. You make total sense and I guess I just need to chill out a little. No point in getting stressed. I am sure it will be fine, I have put an enormous amount of work into it.

Hi All, just wondering if anyone has any words of wisdom that may help me with my Part P Assessment for the NICEIC Domestic Installer Scheme on Friday? Which areas should I focus on for learning? I have selected 2 jobs, one is a new DB in a shed and all the wiring and the other is a 16th century cottage in which I replaced the fuseboard. Both nightmares and on reflection really dumb jobs to have selected but too late now. What areas do assessors focus on? What do I need to watch out for? Any help appreciated.

Dear dagrat, you have just completely cracked me up!! Was not expecting that one!! Can not think of anyone more perfect to offer me guidance but that would just be plain wrong. Hee Hee, see you on Friday.

Haha, you left out one important point Malcolm and that is ' he is there to......
:)

Hi morph, thanks for that - hopefully I will get someone on the ball who will work with me. I would be great to bounce a few things in these jobs off someone experienced.
depends who u get
for about 3 years i had a well anoying idiot who would ask me same old questions every time and in the end i said look pal i ain t forgotten how to do it since last time , still he went on like an old record . told me i was very knowledgable but insisted he asked me every question anyway , talk about a jobs worth , before that for 4 years i had sensible people
but yes its straight forward business

Reply to Part P - NICEIC Assessment - Domestic Installer in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock