Discuss Part P or minor works in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

woody900

Hi all Im a new member, (a retired electrician and the worst kind of customer) Just had a new oil fired boiler installed in my kithcen, I must add the first time ive required the services of tradesmen. Its been a complete nightmare. The question is the electricians who came out and fitted the fused spur the timer and stat and the main bonding to the oil pipe are registered with NICEIC do they supply a Part P cert or a small works?

i would think that, unless the work was carried out in a special location. e.g.bathroom/kitchen, the work is not notifiable under part p and so a minor works will suffice. if notifiable, they would notify to niceic, who in turn notify building control.

Thanks for your speedy reply. The work was carried out in the kitchen, the company gave me a minor works, very reluctantly only after I nagged for a cert. They say that as they are NICEIC registered they dont need to supply a part P cert because thats only for people that are not qualified???

that is rubbish. if they are NICEIC then they are part p compliant. you should have a minor works cert. and they should, as i said, notify NICEIC of the work done. costs them around £2. NICEIC then notify LABC . check their registration with NIC.

Reply to Part P or minor works in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I would like to do some minor domestic electrical work while I am completing my NVQ level 2 in electrical installations. I have the 18th...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks , Just looking for a bit of advice as I'm looking to get back on the tools so please bare with me if this is a bit long winded. I'm a...
Replies
Views
Hi all We've had some works done in our kitchen which has involved fitting a new cooker circuit, installing some downlights to replace ceiling...
Replies
Views
Hello. I have a quick question for registered sparks on here. Can/ will / do you certify notifiable work done by others? I guess I’d have to...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I hope nobody minds that my first post is a question. We have a bit of a situation brewing at home with regards to our new...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock