Discuss Part P registration Level 3 diploma minimum for entry 2013 in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

highspark

Has anyone read the NAPIT write-up regarding the minimum requirements to join a Part P scheme in 2013? Just had a little read and it was proposed (as we all know) from January 2012 that the minimum requirement would be a level 3 Diploma in Domestic installation. But is was also proposed (which I didn't know)that the AM2 would also have to be completed.............................However NAPIT have rejected the claims that the AM2 should also be included in the mandatory requirement..................Something to do with the AM2 only being able to be completed at certain centres or something ran by one company,"NET". NAPIT argue that NET would likely bump up costs of the AM2 and this would lead to less value for money for electricians.............No mention of the NVQ3 in there?....................... Personally I think this new "LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA" won't be far of these EAL short courses that already exist. Napit also keep mentioning competency. I just don't think there is a defined definition in the industry that can fall under competent!

Should have been from DAY 1!! ....And should include a Core qualification not a bloody PAT level 3 joke qualification!!

What's more this new requirement should all be retrospective to existing Quick Fix under qualified guy's!!!

Level three "Diploma" will likely be EAL domestic Installer or something very similar, in other words pointless. E45 I agree it should be retrospective but it wont be for a number of reasons, chiefly that they would have their asses sued off by existing Approved Installers who dont have the nessesary qualifications. There will have to have grandfather rights I would think.

Last edited:
Requirement should have been as a competant electrical supervisor to run your own electrical business (eg part p status) should be at least JIB gold card approved

The definition of this status is an ability to design, install, commission and test/certificate an electrical installation, and an ability to work under your own intuition and supervise others....end of!

I'd put money on it either being forgotten about or another possibility is we could see the scheme operators being allowed to offer this qualification. At a cost of course.
As the CPS operators are on the consultation comittee I'm pretty sure they will not kill the goose that laid(and keeps on laying) the golden egg

Reply to Part P registration Level 3 diploma minimum for entry 2013 in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net