Discuss Part P testing for old fuse (rewirable fuses) board in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nickbrom

Have just called into a neighbour... Basically they are selling house. had a conservatory built 4-5 years ago and the installer spurred off the downstairs ring main. The council are informing them that the work was never signed off and needs to be done for the sale . The builder is no longer about.

Question as my recent training course I attended (am late aged starter) all testing was done on a modern CU.

What testing is required in this instance?

Thanks in advance

What testing has the council asked for?

and why is the Council asking for this??

and don't forget that you can't notify somebody elses work.

Last edited by a moderator:
The neighbour is going to dig out the letter from teh council tomorrow, She said it needed the PARTP ...
I understand that the conservatory went for planning permission as she referred to it not "having been signed off" . I understand that I can't notify the work. But still not sure what testing can be done. It would appear that the cooker is also spurred of the ring

you can do an eicr for the whole installation.

Sounds like they're applying for retrospective planning permission for the conservatory. Regardless of what the board is, the testing process is still the same on the circuits. I'd have thought that it's an EICR that they need, Purpose for which the report is required - Absence of an installation certificate.

At least they're getting this done, so many seem to avoid it totally.

- - - Updated - - -

Beat me to it there Tel.

Have just called into a neighbour... Basically they are selling house. had a conservatory built 4-5 years ago and the installer spurred off the downstairs ring main. The council are informing them that the work was never signed off and needs to be done for the sale . The builder is no longer about.

Question as my recent training course I attended (am late aged starter) all testing was done on a modern CU.

What testing is required in this instance?

Thanks in advance

Take away the CU and the testing is the same.

The only difference is your RCD tests and remember the ZS values for 3036 fuses are different & be aware of the CPC size on 2.5 twin & earth as it may be 1 mm which will affect your dis times !

Reply to Part P testing for old fuse (rewirable fuses) board in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net