Discuss part p testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

maddfridge

hi all

This may have been asked before but to test third party work
ie test and inspect not periodics which is the best trade group

napit ?:confused:

cheers

dont think any of the schemes cover you for inspect and test of other peoples work unless you are present when the actual work is done

dont think any of the schemes cover you for inspect and test of other peoples work unless you are present when the actual work is done

i thought some one told me the napit scheme allowed you to do this provided you had third party insurance will ahve to look at napit site.

cheers

Have to agree with flukey there. might be able to do it if full scope and duty holder if you run a small firm with couple of employee's.But it is also your name your putting to their work unless you can inspect their whole install i wouldnt as its your membership at stake if anything happens.
NIC/ELECSA will be better for this.Best to contact them direct.
Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
just had a look you can test a third party job provided it is not notifiable under the defined scope . so basically you can do a periodic inspection under napit but not defined scope work you need insurance of upto 250000 for the third party ie installs and remedials

have i got this right ?

Have to agree with flukey there. might be able to do it if full scope and duty holder if you run a small firm with couple of employee's.But it is also your name your putting to their work unless you can inspect their whole install i wouldnt as its your membership at stake if anything happens.
NIC/ELECSA will be better for this.Best to contact them direct.
Regards.

we have contracts with some housing we are commercial and they should be domestic we think waiting to find out hence periodic OK remedial work reportable:rolleyes:

cheers all

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to part p testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock