Discuss 'Particulars of the installation' for two submains split at the origin. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
At the origin, I have 25mm tails split to two fused switches. One 63a fuse protecting a 16mm (3 core SWA) submain to a DB (100a main switch RCBO board) at one side of the property and one 80a fuse protecting a 25mm (3 core SWA) submain to a DB (100a main switch RCBO board) at the other side of the property.

My question is about certification. The section "Particulars of the installation referred to in the certificate". Would I have to do one Certificate for each submain to it's final DB. So treating each as it's own installation?

Also what should I be quoting when filling in "supply conductors, main earth etc." I would be assume supply conductors and main earth to the final DBs (SWA) not the tails to the fused switch?

Thanks you

Assuming this is an EIC for the whole installation you complete one certificate for the whole installation. You attach as many test results sheets as necessary, at least one for each CU and probably one to list both switch fuses.

I think the issue of the enquiry is the particulars of the installation as I assuming there is no main switch due to it having more than one point of isolation.

Assuming this is an EIC for the whole installation you complete one certificate for the whole installation. You attach as many test results sheets as necessary, at least one for each CU and probably one to list both switch fuses.

I do have 4 test sheets. However there is only one section for particulars of the installation on page 2.

I'm edging towards it being classed as two installations.

Thanks
[automerge]1569134273[/automerge]
What exactly is it you are certifying.

EIC. For the whole lot. Full rewire including the sub mains.

Thank you

Last edited:
Origin is the origin, so all the conductors sizes should be those from the cutout through the meter to the Henley where it splits to the two switch fuses.

Then one results page for eache distribution circuit and one for each CU.

So four in total.

I do have 4 test sheets. However there is only one section for particulars of the installation on page 2.

I'm edging towards it being classed as two installations.

Thanks
[automerge]1569134273[/automerge]

EIC. For the whole lot. Full rewire including the sub mains.

Thank you

Yes there is only one section, that's all you need. It's not two installations, just one.

So why did you install it without a mainswitch?

Yes there is only one section, that's all you need. It's not two installations, just one.

So why did you install it without a mainswitch?
Looks like he has two, one for each DB...probably from Henleys.
One installation.
Three results pages... Switched fuses, DB1 and DB2 and note explaining in 'Particulars'.

Reply to 'Particulars of the installation' for two submains split at the origin. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock