Discuss passed am2 do i need to do 2391 or am i classed as competant in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

chopper

as in title do i need to do 2391 because on am2 i did commision, test and fault finding which is harder than just the testing for 2391, or is it another moey spinner

wouldnt mind doing it if i need it but dont want to waste the money if a dont if u know what i mean, on 2391 you just have to tell them were the faults is etc, but on am2 you have to go one step further and actually pin point the fault and explain how to rectify it

With all due respect to the op, the AM2 is nothing compared to the 2391. The AM2 you design, install and test. The 2391 you now have to test other peoples designs and installations and give a legal explanation of what is wrong on paper with your signature on it! If you think your good enough to pass the 2391 go for it, its harder than you think, good luck.

Chopper, sorry if that came across as a bit harsh but the AM2 or the 2330 level 2 is a foundation course leading up to a foundation course to the 2391 IMHO.

paul.m i have done 2330 level 3, i was saying it was harder as on the fault finding you have to find out where exactly the fault is e.g. ring wired in singles and one cable is short circuit between 2 sockets , on am2 you have to find exactly where the fault is and how to rectify, on 2391 you would just write down IR fail , is this right and no that isnt harsh mate where im from a spades a spade lol.
spartkus i think of it the otherway if 30% is pass rate then if you pass this should show you are a decent tester

Reply to passed am2 do i need to do 2391 or am i classed as competant in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net