Discuss Passed AM2! What can I do? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

whazza22

Hey everyone, passed my AM2 :D

Thanks for everyones help!

I work for a large company as electrical maintenace staff but would like to know what private work I can do.

Can I do consumer unit change and test?
Do I need to register with NICEIC?
Can I do full rewires?
Do I need to notify any work?
Do I need to do any other courses?

Any help appreciated
Thanks

Hey everyone, passed my AM2 :D

Thanks for everyones help!

I work for a large company as electrical maintenace staff but would like to know what private work I can do.

Can I do consumer unit change and test? Yes.

Do I need to register with NICEIC? Unless you want to notify building control before you start any work, pay their fee and and get them to inspect at the end then you will need to register with a scheme provider.

Can I do full rewires? Yes.

Do I need to notify any work? If it is deemed notifiable then yes.

Do I need to do any other courses? Thats up to you. What courses do you currently hold.

Any help appreciated
Thanks

To carry out domestic work you still need to abide by Part P of the building regs which means nitifying LABC or registering to self certify with a scheme provider.

Reply to Passed AM2! What can I do? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello everyone and nice to meet you all! I have question, I'm interested in doing my am2 test,the problem is working frew various agencies you...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I recently failed a section of my AM2E assessment. Passed 7/10 but failed on some silly things I'm confident of correcting second time...
Replies
Views
Completed my AM2s start of this year. My whole career plan is to run my own company/sole trader. Be my own boss basically. I always get asked...
Replies
Views
Fault finding- does any one know how many faults out of seven you need to find to pass the AM2S fault finding section ? any info would be helpful...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone just joined the site Iam a trainee electrician currently have my 18th edition and doing my level 2/3 diploma I have been working...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock