Discuss Passed with elecsa yesterday in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

Kelrich

Passed my assessment with elecsa yesterday, assessor chris thomas put my nerves at ease stright away very helpful fella. For those who want to know it went like this, firstly spoke about what experience i had then went through all my paperwork, required a healthy and safety policy and risk assessment i used the ones they send you even tho am a sole trader he still asked for them, checked rest of paperwork then hit me with questions from special locations down to cable size and mcbs, more questions on earthing systems pretty strightforward got them all correct thank god.
Then he checked through my job which was a consumer unit upgrade, we both had questions and answers about my cu all very good and informative, put me right on a couple of things on my test cert, then asked me to do rfc as my test results was sky high, so i showed him and with a little nudge from him in the right direction got the correct result all in all a very informative day, i do need to send evidence of my cables coming into board they need to be enclosed to ip4x which was the only fault i bloody forgot even tho i wrote it down on a check list but all in all iam extremly pleased, another learning curve with many more to come
p.s he doesnt like biscuits and i bought markies specials too

Thanks to everyone on here for advice, the learning will never stop when they keep changing the regs, special thanks to geordie and i suppose steve lol cheers lads

Reply to Passed with elecsa yesterday in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net