Discuss PAT HELP With Robin 5000 Earth Bond & Leakage Tests Please in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

geoff1960

HI, please help

I passed my C&G PAT testing more than a year ago and never used the training, it was a good idea at the time....
Anyway cutting a long story short, I have now started a PC shop selling used machines but I cannot remember how to PAT test ...properly.....

I have bought a Robin 5000 which I used last year so though it would all come flooding back to me but no.

Each time I test a computer on 100ma for earth bond test they fail. I have even tried testing a kettle which also fails both work on 8a and 26a but not 100ma. Doing the earth bond test it fails at 0.12ohms. Obviously I need to be ding it at 100ma for IT kit.

At the moment I have 13 machines all failing, could it be the tester? or am I doing something completely wrong !!!

Many thanks for any help
Geoff

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to PAT HELP With Robin 5000 Earth Bond & Leakage Tests Please in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I carry out PAT testing on landlord appliances for letting agents in rented accommodation. Occasionally some of the items I cannot access...
Replies
Views
Performing the PAT inspection on some science equipment and I have found some items that were passed by the previous company that performed it...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am currently learning and have come across PAT testing an old chandelier. On modern lamps I would use the plug and probe on the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, There's 2 single fan ovens in the house my mother recently moved into. Posh elecronic AEG units. It's been sat empty for a year, so the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Been a while since I have been on here. I have been on an apprenticeship the last 3 years training in the BMS world. Taking that into...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock