Discuss PAT testing, fixed, portable. The definitive answer! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Cat

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I think to stop all confusion between fixed and non fixed appliance testing we need to re name the procedure. My suggestion is:-

Frequent Allencompassing Rigorous Testing

F.A.R.T

We could all
then get a C& G in FARTING!
:angel_smile:

Now where have I heard this before mmmmmmmmmmmmm Anyway just call it ??? testing because nobody will give you a definitive answer

fixed equipment:...equipment such as cookers and built in appliances

portable equipment:...equipment that can be moved freely around

handheld equipment:....as the name says....drills and angle grinders for instance

what about Scheduled Happliance Inspection& Testing?

Hate portable appliance testing, so boring and repeatative, luckly dont do it very often but definately one of the worst parts of my job...

Totally agree I have just bought one and all I want it to do is pay for itself then I am quite happy to do 2 or 3 on a wet rainy day in the middle of winter to get me out the house

Totally agree I have just bought one and all I want it to do is pay for itself then I am quite happy to do 2 or 3 on a wet rainy day in the middle of winter to get me out the house

We used to test quite a few of the sites we provide maintenace for, sites with 800+ appliances taking days upon days, so boring. Luckily mostly a thing of the past as the sites now use a national company who do the PAT testing on all there sites.

what? you bought a vibrator???

How anyone can do PAT testing day in, day out is beyond me.

I go on automatic pilot, then suddenly think, have i gone from cooking appliance to computer without resetting the tester!

Never done it yet, but it could happen.

By then though i would probably be brain dead anyway so it would'nt mater!

Reply to PAT testing, fixed, portable. The definitive answer! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net