Discuss PAT Testing General Pricing Per Item For An Electrician to Charge. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

jktelectrical

HI All.

Looking for a general price for PAT testing as well know it does not really pay for electricians to do PAT testing but as we are all trying are best for work, I am looking at what we could charge or what other charge to braek even and get work.

I currently charge £1.50 an item and a min charge of £35.00 plus £1.50 per item for less then 30 appliances.

Does this sound o.k, been charging it for the last 2 years.

Thanks look forward to hearing from you all.:eek:

HI All.

Looking for a general price for PAT testing as well know it does not really pay for electricians to do PAT testing but as we are all trying are best for work, I am looking at what we could charge or what other charge to braek even and get work.

I currently charge £1.50 an item and a min charge of £35.00 plus £1.50 per item for less then 30 appliances.

Does this sound o.k, been charging it for the last 2 years.

Thanks look forward to hearing from you all.:eek:

If you've been charging that for 2 years, you can tell us if it's ok!

Are you winning/loosing much work, what is client feedback like?

HI there,

I advertise that I carry out PAT testing but thats with all the other electrical work I carry out, I mainly win pat testing work as I am on site doing electrical work and they have expired items.

I have only ever had one person call me and ask me to do PAT testing,

But never had anyone say I am expensive.

Well I know that some out there are doing less than 75p per item and I'd say they're welcome to it at those rates!

I have seen on the net,

two of us did 134 on one day, and and we went some never stoped, it took two hours to complete the paper work aswell,

Just a sideline I think

You don't say where you are, but I'm guessing you're north of Watford, or probably a bit higher or further West...... or you should chanrge a bit more!

Those prices seem fine in the market as you are, and the type of customer that uses you. You wouldnt win business where the 75p per test cheats operate but then you wouldnt want to!! They get their blue chip companies who just want the price, how they sleep at night is beyond me.

i am in essex an charge £3 per item up to 50 items then £1.50 per item after that, i mainly do it for companies that i do electrical work for anyway and they rarely exceed 80 items max, i have quoted a few jobs through people i havent worked for previously but havent won many, to be honest though for the out lay and the paper work involved i think pat testing aint worth a rub but its a day off from getting covered in rockwool and plasterboard dust at least!

I totally agree when carry out electrical work I offer the service and if I win then its a bonus,, I normally book the patetsting on a saturday or a day in the week if there is not much on.

£3 if i said that here there would be 100 contractors doing it for less, its like that round here.

Thanks all for the advice.

Well i take it or leave it really, if i get it at that price i would do it but im not gonna fight over it , the only downside is if your working for a regular client and you get undercut on the PAT testing you then get another spark sniffin around

But in the end i cant help feeling that its all a lot of b******s when im doin it but hey-ho

Reply to PAT Testing General Pricing Per Item For An Electrician to Charge. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock