Discuss PAT testing needed? in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

It's 90% FVI...
10% the equipment does it...
Requirement is, as others have rightly said, showing that the equipment is safe to use, so PA Testing, or more corectly ISITEE, is a way to show that you have a system in place to prove safe.
It's a boring, mind-numbing job if you do it all the time, but quite a nice little earner if you do it occasionally. I only do landlord stuff, so there's no pressure.

Might I

Quietly suggest there is a slight difference between ensuring portable appliances are safely managed in a work place, to sales of electrical goods?

Which will involve your warranty provided. At the same time you will need the same skills and test routines, to ensure you are selling safe items, but it is not, strictly, PAT. More, part of your quality control system even.

Though you will see most charity shops (erroneously) (IMHO) selling second hand electrical goods with a PAT sticker.

The HSE imagine, user daily checks and appliance registers to be part of a comprehensive management system, quarantine arrangements and so on. With the testing done at specified intervals up to four years, from my memory! For items that are not double insulated, at any rate. Registers, keep all the records of item purchase life spans, purchase dates and risk assessment and so on.

Selling is a different ball game.

Thanks

You just need to competent, no quals needed, get hold of a copy of the CoP for ISITEE as PAT is no longer used. If I knew where my copy is you could have it, don't hold your breath, could have been binned I'll have a look later. and let you know. One thing to remember it's not just plug in stuff, it includes Mobile, stationary and fixed electrical equipment.
Can't find my CoP sorry Mate looks like you will have buy a copy.

Just checked Mate sorry to say her in doors has binned most of my old paperwork, so sorry, looks like you will have to fork out for a copy, good luck.

Well, I can see a future for you reciting from your wife's cookery recipies while the misses prepares your dinner.
lol.......................

Reply to PAT testing needed? in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock