• Please don't put your personal contact details in this area of the forum. These are public threads and everybody will see them. Including spammers. Even dodgy companies who cold call you. Instead of doing that, click on a persons username and click 'Start Conversation' and share those details between yourselves. :)

Discuss Peak Atlas IT Network LAN Tester & 1-8 Identifiers in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

eskimo39

Hi guys, used once, bought in September for a data installation and won't be used again. The tester cost £80 and the extra 8 cable run identifiers labeled 1-8 were £60. All is in brand new condition with spare battery 10 identifiers in total and a hard carry case to house it all in.

Looking for £60 delivered

FROM MAIN SPEC

• Designed and manufactured in the UK
  • Automatic identification of patch cables (straight through) & cross-over cables (PC to PC links or hub to hub links) and token ring cables
  • Fault identification & highlighting for shorted lines, open lines & swapped lines
  • Supplied with leads to allow testing of sockets as well as cables
  • Clear, user-friendly scrollable display
  • Support for up to 150 metres of cable
The Peak Atlas IT Network Cable Analyser is smarter, much smarter. The Atlas IT has always been a fabulous tool for identifying and analysing Cat5/5e/6 (RJ45) based network cables, sockets and patch panels. Now this instrument features new intelligent software that can identify cable configurations even if there are faults in the cabling. It will even tell you the differences that it has detected between your faulty cable and the intended cable configuration.

Simply connect one end of your network cable to the Atlas IT and the other end to the Atlas IT Terminator and press the test button. Within seconds, the Atlas IT will analyse the full connection pattern between one end of the cable and the other end. It then instantly identifies the cable type (based on the connection pattern) and displays this on it''s easy-to-read green-mode display.

The Atlas IT now features an enhanced cable library, enabling the intelligent identification of cable configuration, such as: "Straight-Through Patch Cables", "Crossover Cables", "Token Ring Cables", "Ethernet Economiser Adapters" and many more.

If any problems in the cabling are detected, such as shorted, swapped or missing connections, then the Atlas IT will clearly identify these on it''s display, showing exactly which connections require attention.

Here's a picture.

Attachments

• Peak Atlas IT Network LAN Tester & 1-8 Identifiers ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328994888.708746 - EletriciansForums.net
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328994888.708746.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 78
Really good features that you have told in detail can you eskimo39 tell me from where i can buy this tester if online it is available really good for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry to Hijack I have Lindys version of this for sale has two of the identifiers not the numbered type
already on fleabay
Item number:

I like the new LCR Component analyser they have just brought out, seen it advertised in EPE Magazine, £160.00 though it will have to wait for now to get added to my hobby kit.....
I have been using Atlas component analysers since the year 2000, they have been making/selling different ones for years now, the newest one rolls the LCR(Inductor Capacitor Resistor) one in with the Transistor tester and Silicon device tester instead of buying 2 testers....

when I used to do a bit more networking a few years ago I had a Fluke onetouch (now discontinued/obsolete) until that sprouted legs and ran away when I was getting some food.....never again will I leave kit like that lying about on site......

Really good features that you have told in detail can you eskimo39 tell me from where i can buy this tester if online it is available really good for me.

these testers(Atlas Brand) are made in England, I have used the Fluke one touch and the newer Fluke P-touch unit....the Fluke Network analyzers cost £3,500+ ($5,500+) here......the Atlas units cost about $100.00 ....

if you google Atlas Peak Instruments UK, you will find them.....they are also on ebay which will be more easy for you...

in fact here you go, here's the website link

Peak Electronic Design Limited - Home Page

these testers are handy as they will fit in your side pocket as they are designed for that...unlike the Fluke Network cable Analyzers that weigh about 10Kg and are nearly the size of a shoe box...

Edit:

oh and I forgot to add, if you buy one and get it sent to the USA, when you need a new Battery for it, the one it takes (in the picture) is a CR 123A 3Volt Lithium Battery, you will find those in the grocery store as Duracell or Energizer brands, the best value for me(and they are good lasting too) in America are SureFire Branded batteries, these are from the Flashlight manufacturer, they sell them in packs of 6, 10 and packs of 20 online and in stores you can also buy them individually, the best pricing is in multipacks..

to Buy in America:

www.anatekcorp.com
(they have an ebay store)

or

www.amascott.com

hope this helps....

Last edited:

Reply to Peak Atlas IT Network LAN Tester & 1-8 Identifiers in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock