Discuss Peak Short Circuit Current value on the SSEG form. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

Pwee

I've looked at the easy MCS guide on here, and it's not clear, (in my eye's) to what value you place in the part where it asks for this.

I've done a pscc test at the AC isolator with my fluke, and it's giving me a reading of 600A.

Is this what they want? There's no mention of it on the SMA inverter literature either. NAPIT mcs technical don't know either.

What do you lot put in there? It seems to be the missing link on this forum, as it's not mentioned anywhere?

I saw something like that on the fronius example on the easyMCS thread. But the actual post is telling you that you need a more in depth knowledge of pscc etc.
(I think they didn't know either to be honest.)
if that's what you put in your forms, and you haven't been arrested and thrown into mcs jail, then that's good enough for me!

p.s. I asked the NAPIT guy if all else fails, I could ask my assessor when he comes next week. He said "you'll probably know more than him!"
Just goes to show, that they are only bothered about the paperwork sytems, and not the values written in the boxes.
(That's a bit tongue in cheek, if the Napit assessor is reading this.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure you could put anything you liked and there would be no comment from the DNO

the way i answered this question is by taking it straight off the data sheet for the inverter? it states on there peak short circuit. dont know whether thats right or not, but that was my interpretation

Reply to Peak Short Circuit Current value on the SSEG form. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock