Discuss peed Off in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

PAUL M

:mad:IS ANYONE ELSE GETTING ****** OFF WITH FUEL PRICES THEY JUST KEEP GOING UP AND UP. IF IT GETS ANYMORE EXPENSIVE I WILL BE GETTING A PUSHBIKE FOR WORK WITH A LITTLE BASKET ON IT.I HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT CHARGING FOR QUOTES CAUSE ITS ALL MILLAEGE AINT IT,AND AS IF THINGS AINT BAD ENOUGH THAT SWEATY SOCK EXCUSE FOR A PRIME MINISTER IS GETTING READY TO PUT THE DUTY ON FUELL UP AGAIN,I RECKON WE NEED A REVOLUTION IN THIS COUNTRY SORT THE ROBBING *******S OUT ONCE AND FOR ALL:) .

Last edited by a moderator:
Re:

what and you trust the toff cartoon more? just put 100 quid of diesel in the van in one go ,fuel duty one thing price of oil is another give me an altenative cos president Bush started a war, looking for one .

Re:

Dont worry something else will be along that will take your mind off the cost of fuel, something like I heard today.
The government are debating about putting national insurance up by 14%. thats 3% for the employee & 11% for the employer.:(

Re:

This country sucks. My mortgage is nearly £1500 a month now. I have 2 cars - one which only does 18 miles to the gallon and I get about 200 miles to the tank full! I lose nearly half of my wages to the tax man, food is becoming extortionate, council tax is a robbery - and because I am British I let Gordon Brown tickle my nuts, flip me over and plunge it in me. Damn government!

Re:

Absolutely agree

we are being robbed blind

most of the price of fuel goes on duty

so a small rise in actual oil price means a large rise at the pumps, most of which goes to the government coffers

The chancellor is quite literally raking extra BILLIONS from the recent rises. This was many he hadnt budgeted for, and basically he has a windfall

and its OUR money

An answer would be to cap duty against the price of a litre.

Say, 90p per litre. So duty would only be levied up to 90 p a litre, and anything above this would duty free, so if there was a small rise in oil prices, there would be a small rise at the pumps

Sounds fair? of course it does

So that means they automatically wont use it

The government can only bail out a private bank with 26 billion quid, and spend millions EVERY DAY to alow lazy sods to sit on their fat arses, if they have that money spare in the first place

everytime some other country has a bit of bad weather or a few rumblings in the ground, you know that within minuites our government will be throwing millions of cash at the them

but when the people who created that spare cash in the first place - the hard working, fully employed british family man taxpayer - says "c'mon mate we're at breaking point here, when cant afford to travel, eat, heat or pay for our houses - how about a bit of OUR money back" we know what we get

******* nowt

and dont get me started on billions being wasted on a freekin glorified tent (millenium dome) or the billions now being blown so the********* chinese and yanks can show us how good they are at jumping up and down or running a bit faster than the bloke next to them

woop - de - dooo, Croatia or somebody has won a medal for doggy paddle or something else ****, and each one will cost US, the taxpayer millions

**** them, **** them all

Re:

seems like cirrus and shakey have got the measure of this goverment and country

Re:

Charity begins at home is the old saying. Not in this ****** country as Shakey says some body has a rain storm or rumblings govenment says here you are have X pounds people of this country don't mind, he must have his head buried in the ground.

Make that *** in No 10 live on what the average person does for 6 months then his attitude will change.

Re:

Monster raving loony party :D

Said it before ........how can the bloke that has so magnificently ****** over the population, now be in a position of power where he can cover up all his failings while in charge of the countries coffers.
I mean the ****ing dopey slack jawed **** sold the gold reserve for no where near what it was worth & why because he'd created a black hole in the countries finances.
I wouldnt trust the **** with ******* pocket money let alone the tax / pensions / economy & general finaces of this once great fine land of ours.
I'd love the prat to give me a call at home, bet he'd hang up first
**** the lot of em.

Re:

Spot on Easyfox. Bring down the labour govern****!

Re:

i'm non partisan (in other words i dont give a*** who ruins the ****ry)
i cant work out the smarmy ----er in opposition nor his shadowy cabinet. this brown ----er matches the country at this time, ugly and its going to get worse,
how would i deal with either on site ?
cameroon can't trust. Brown .....he's telling me what i know even if he aint saying it

Re:

Even more ***** Off after seeing some off the Politics Show this morning when one off the cabinet was asked don't you think people are getting a bit peed off with most of the cabinet made up of Scots. :eek::eek:

No wonder England and Wales in such a ****** mess their trying to bankrupt these two countries before they bugger off north of the border and declare total independence (even though they make their own laws now)

Re:

i dont give a monkeys either who is in power

I have never been inside a polling station in my life, cos it makes no difference, they are all liars

i dont know the difference between labour, tory or anyone else, i dont know what 'right wing' or 'left of centre' means, and i couldnt care less.

Only thing that matters is: how much of my money can i keep for me and my family

it makes my blood boil when they take it off me and give it to other people

and now we have a new enemy: this global warming bull

Of course the globe has been getting hotter, it is still coming out of the last ice age. And it will get colder again. And it will keep doing this over millions of years as it always has done, with or without us.

it is mans arrogance to think he he is sufficiently capable of doing anything that can eefect an entire planet - it has been hear for billions of years, we have been here, in comparison for a few minutes. At full tilt it is estimated that man could only ever effect the temperature of the planet by 4% of its natural temperature cycle

And anyway, the average global temperature has been stable, not risen or fallen since 1997, that over 10years!

But people have conned into believing that the term 'global warming' is synonimus with 'man made global warming' when the two are virtually unconnected

conned by who? well this whole charade was started by Thatcher in the earliest eighties, to sofen the blow of shutting all the mines - coal is bad see, burning fossil fuels is bad, so by shutting all the pits she was doing us a favour - and we have ******g bought it hook line and sinker

whats that got to do with the price of fuel? well we have the idiots at friends of the earth telling us fuel costs need to be high to help save the planet, and Brown (as Blair did) has bought into it

Are these people thick? it would only 'save the planet' (which doesnt give a **** anyway) if people stopped using the fuel - but of course, there are more cars on the road each year - we still have to get from point A to Point B (and sometimes on the weekend Point C) so we are just being robbed

There is no viable public transport alternative. and anyway, i am if i am sitting on a bus going around the local council estate **** holes

Went into Homebase the other day, there was a sign on the till that said

"Global Warming - to help save the planet we will only give out plastic bags if they are asked for"

I ******** despair i really do

how the hell is me having a plastic bag gonna make the country hotter? that is alan dfill problem - but it shows the level of ignorance out there, or perhaps they are not ignorant - its us that are too thick to see that its just people making money

the minuit i hear 'green' in any government statement or policy, all i can hear is "ker-ching" as the coffers fill up

electric cars? yes they are really green arent they - where do they think the electricity comes from? some ******* organic tree?

This country hasnt got a clue

We are a nation that (except in certain curcumstances) has banned the amputation of the ends of dogs tails (docking) because its cruel, fair enough, but we are quite happy to allow the amputation of the ends of Jewish childrens penises. thats ok, thats fine. to little Ishmael's cock as long as Rovers tail remains unharmed.

and thats why fuel has gone up again

Re:

Now that shakey me old fruit should be cast in stone & sent to the mob who are fleecing us.
Bang on mate.

Re:

Fuel went up because of Ishmael's cock?

Re:

What are the Lib Dems doing nowadays? Surely they must be the only alternative by default?

Re:

Thing is, when any government has been in too long they start running out of ideas and end up implementing ridiculous agendas. The tories did it, this lot have done it.

They spend the first few years of office sorting out the last lots crackpot schemes (because THEY ran out of ideas), then start with some new stuff which may or maynot work, then comes the barmy schemes, then they get voted out, the new lot come, in and the whole cycle starts again.

Should be like in the U.S. Two terms is it ?

Or should I just shut up. Long live the fifth amendment !

Reply to peed Off in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock