Discuss People who should not be left anywhere near electricity...... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

-Matt

-
Reaction score
Im an electrician in a factory.

This morning a Labourer ran over a 32A 3 phase trailing socket with a genie!!
Then picks up the cable with now 5 cores sticking out and no socket, shouts Might need your help.
At which point I shout at him to put the cable down, as I may be still live, so he chucks it down on a metal work bench next to where people were working :oops::oops:
The RCD had tripped either from original impact, or chucking it on the worktop!
I personally gave him a -------ing for this.

Then later on this afternoon, he had managed to drive over another 3 phase extension cable, with the HO7 caught up in the Genie wheel, he was there trying to pull it out whilst still live.
At this point I left it for management to give him a massive -------ing.

I checked the cable after, and the copper on L1 was showing and damaged!

Does anyone else work along with idiots like this?

Sounds like a "near miss" and should be reported to H&S if you were to ask me. Procedures need thinking out to avoid this again, it could result in a fatality. There is no way this should have happened. Idiots abound and it is just for this reason safety systems are in place and especially for those not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Ist observation;
The trailing cable/socket shouldn't have been across the floor in a factory or anywhere else.

2nd;
If he was in control of a scissor lift he should have been trained.
If he was trained, he needs re-training.
If it was a materials lift same applies.

3rd;
Whoever was Supervising him should have checked the route.

You can have all the safety procedures in place and some idiot will move a “danger- do not cross” cone.

When I worked in Dundee, we had an apprentice... let’s call him “dumb graham” for arguments sake.
A joiner showed him how to fire a nail gun without pressing it against the wall.
3 inch nails flying across a building site, not a great idea.
He was stopped, promptly, and the joiner got launched from site. We all got a -------ing for letting him speak to the joiner!

Some people shouldn’t be let anywhere near heavy machinery or a toffee hammer for that matter

Then picks up the cable with now 5 cores sticking out and no socket, shouts Might need your help.
At which point I shout at him to put the cable down, as I may be still live, so he chucks it down on a metal work bench next to where people were working :oops::oops:

Then later on this afternoon, he had managed to drive over another 3 phase extension cable, with the HO7 caught up in the Genie wheel, he was there trying to pull it out whilst still live.

I have done.
Was walking through a meat factory I used to work in and found someone jet washing a 63A 3 phase socket.

No electrician or electric related

But I once worked with a guy who was mopping a tiled floor slopping water everywhere and he walked over the section he just mopped and fell over.
He then did exactly the same thing the very next day.

Some people genuinely need saving from themselves

Not sure why he should get a -------ing.

The cable should have been secured or alley cordoned off.

Clearly proper training has not been given.

Management and supervisors should get the roasting.

The trailing leads may well of

I did in a high volume, fast pace meat processing plant. They kept leaving trailing leads, compressed air and various gas pipes across the factory floor. This was because the management system in place allowed for the constant moving of what should of been fixed equipment to suit production needs instead of coming up with a better production plan or simply better placed or more fixed outlets.

Reply to People who should not be left anywhere near electricity...... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock