Discuss People who should not be left anywhere near electricity...... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

No electrician or electric related

But I once worked with a guy who was mopping a tiled floor slopping water everywhere and he walked over the section he just mopped and fell over.
He then did exactly the same thing the very next day.

Some people genuinely need saving from themselves

Darwin's theory?

"Survival of the fittest/ Smartest etc

I'm all for H&S btw I've seen a few bad incidents and the aftermath...

I have posted about this on another thread

My mate has a theory that H&S allows the idiot genes to continue on to future generations, by protecting the Homer Simpsons of the world.

ie stupid creatures were in the past superceded by the cleverer more adaptable ones, but now it'll end up with the idiots killing off the smarter people by the accidents they cause, eventually the idiots outnumbering the more intelligent people until they in turn are killed off by each other!

It's already started!
last year in Ireland a H&S man wanted someone I know to stop reaching up, no steps/ platforms onsite at all, so the lad was reaching up to grab a cable

He was standing on one foot at ground level up against a corner holding onto a steel frame for balance, leaning slightly as there was a bit of wall jutting out

Safety guy stopped him, He said he was concerned he could fall and he was going to check if it required him to wear a harness!

This from a bloke we saw most nights weaving and wobbling often into the road on his way home from the village pub after a skinful of Murphy's

There were plans afoot to get him one night put a harness on him and attach it to a lampost, for safety reasons .......

"Survival of the fittest/ Smartest etc

I'm all for H&S btw I've seen a few bad incidents and the aftermath...

I have posted about this on another thread

My mate has a theory that H&S allows the idiot genes to continue on to future generations, by protecting the Homer Simpsons of the world.

ie stupid creatures were in the past superceded by the cleverer more adaptable ones, but now it'll end up with the idiots killing off the smarter people by the accidents they cause, eventually the idiots outnumbering the more intelligent people until they in turn are killed off by each other!

Problem is that a lot of the time the idiots end up taking others in the process.

Also a lot of h&s is nowt to with h&s and everything to do with not being sued.

Does anyone else work along with idiots like this?
Yep. I was in my office and the phone rang. It was a chap who we called Fred as he looked exactly like Fred Flintstone. His English wasn't the best. "My light - she is too bright. You fix it?". err...that's a new one. Ok Ok I'm coming down.
Walk into workshop towards seriously bright light, bit like a nativity scene but with a Myford 7 lathe as the center piece. Then my eyes wandered to the three phase isolator, and I stare with immense suspicion at a clean and shiny white 2 core flex coming out of it. So I follow this flex the other way with sense of dread. Yep, a 3 pin socket. No Earth connection, and 415v. Genius. How that ordinary 100w bayonet bulb didn't explode is beyond me.

"But I joined blue to blue, and brown to red...why doesn't it work".
My translation skills were not up to explaining that, so I just pointed at the "2 versions of BS7671" sticker, told him not to EVER touch anything again, and showed him where he could more safely plug his lamp in.

Trailing leads shouldn’t be on the floor. EWP should have a spotter while moving to look out for potential hazards and more emphasis should be on training staff in positive communication. Hard barricade areas if leads need to be run on floor.

What’s your H&S bloke doing? Nothing.

I went to nice restaurant for lunch today. It was very hot weather (Spain) so the proprietors had set up some electric fans to cool the dining area. The first one was just at the entrance, and it was plugged into a socket on one side of the entrance, and positioned in the main dining area, so as you entered the restaurant you had to step about 2' in the air to get over the cable...
No drama, it worked fine...and the meal was delicious, btw

so the proprietors had set up some electric fans to cool the dining area.

Fans don't cool rooms or areas. They heat them as the electricity used turns mostly to heat. They just blow air about. However this does cool bodies (people) provided the moving air is below the body temperature. If it is above body temperature the body will be cooked, like standing in front of a hair dryer.

Reply to People who should not be left anywhere near electricity...... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock