Discuss periodic costs in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

Innominata

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

If being paid by an employer on a per circuit basis for periodic testing,is £3 per circuit reasonable as this is what I have been offered.
Thanks Guys

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

scotsparky

-
Arms
That sems low. If its small premises like houses then it could be only £30 which isnt a lot.

M

Mac

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The bloke i work for charges around £140 for an average sized house,the bloke that actually does it is employed by him and he get's paid by the hour.£30 seems very low mate.If he had to get someone in private to do it,he'd have to pay the going rate which would be far more than £3 a circuit

A

acat

He is having a very big laugh at your expense.

Chris

M

Mac

If being paid by an employer on a per circuit basis for periodic testing,is £3 per circuit reasonable as this is what I have been offered.
Thanks Guys
You'd have to do 5 or 6 a day to earn a decent wage;)

S

Spudnik

It does sound like he may be being a little tight.

Mind you, its better than nothing (although that is debatable).

N

not clever

Wouldn't get out of bed for a pir at that price, the bloke must be pulling your chain.
I start at £150 for a standard domestic pir & it goes up for commercial or larger domestic properties.

rodney12

-
Arms
£3 is ridiculous mate, between £15-£20 i would have thought. Did a house yest with only 4 circuits, bit of a mess and took me well over 4 hours in total........ £3 an hour that would have been :eek:!!

S

swoop720

sounds like someone's put in a quote way too low to get the work. Personally I'd steer well clear unless your'e needing the experience - in which case go round with whoever is organising it and let him show you how its done on a whole property - thats including all the time and motion of getting there, setting up, testing, filling out forms, putting everything back together etc etc ps make sure you time him. it might be they are not testing the installations properly and cutting corners - remember it will be your name on certifcate and you will be first in line to be held responsible

I

Innominata

Thanks for all your replies.That's it then guess I stay in bed a bit longer.
Cheers,Innominata

G

Guest123

At least Dick Whittington had the decency to wear a mask!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to periodic costs in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
Top Bottom