Discuss periodic costs in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I

Innominata

If being paid by an employer on a per circuit basis for periodic testing,is £3 per circuit reasonable as this is what I have been offered.
Thanks Guys

The bloke i work for charges around £140 for an average sized house,the bloke that actually does it is employed by him and he get's paid by the hour.£30 seems very low mate.If he had to get someone in private to do it,he'd have to pay the going rate which would be far more than £3 a circuit

It does sound like he may be being a little tight.

Mind you, its better than nothing (although that is debatable).

Wouldn't get out of bed for a pir at that price, the bloke must be pulling your chain.
I start at £150 for a standard domestic pir & it goes up for commercial or larger domestic properties.

£3 is ridiculous mate, between £15-£20 i would have thought. Did a house yest with only 4 circuits, bit of a mess and took me well over 4 hours in total........ £3 an hour that would have been :eek:!!

sounds like someone's put in a quote way too low to get the work. Personally I'd steer well clear unless your'e needing the experience - in which case go round with whoever is organising it and let him show you how its done on a whole property - thats including all the time and motion of getting there, setting up, testing, filling out forms, putting everything back together etc etc ps make sure you time him. it might be they are not testing the installations properly and cutting corners - remember it will be your name on certifcate and you will be first in line to be held responsible

Reply to periodic costs in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock