Discuss periodic inspection and test, in domestic propertys in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

chopper

what are the facts on these at college i was led to believe that it had to be done by law, and that on change of tennancy it also had to be tested even if the tennant had only be in for a short period of time, i passed this bit of advice on to a friend who is just renting a property out but he said the estate agent says just gas has to be tested, i have read somewhere that due care has to be shown to the tennants safety and the easist way of doing this is by providing a PIR , seems like a other grey area to me ??

we worked for a decnt size housing association and very time a tennant moved out it got tested , as said at college we was drilled it was a statutory leglislation , but the more i dig into these theorys the more grey areas i see, guess the larger companys do a PIR to make sure everything is ok to prevent lectric shock, to be honest i feel let down with some things rom college as they are not facts but seem like recomendations

With electrical installation,there are good practices that somehow get morphed into requirements of the law

Periodic inspections being one of them,the Pir was one way of satisfying the landlords responsibility to have a duty of care to their tenants regarding electrical safety
Factories where the safety of the worker may be another,Pirs being just an alternative to in house maintenance

Portable appliance testing is possibly the biggest accepted myth
It has even taken the H+S executive to come out and state it is dribble to believe its ever required in many or even most situations

hi guys...
i work for a housing association, the policy there is every change of tennancy regardless of time occupied and every 5 years.... hope that helps

Reply to periodic inspection and test, in domestic propertys in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net