Discuss Periodic Inspection Pricing Help in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all - first post on here!!

I have been asked to price up a periodic inspection in a large apartment block.

I have never priced anything this big before - been round and carried out a survey and have found 85 DBs with 1161 circuits.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Andy

Hi Andy,

Not sure on your location, but depending on where your based, the age of the install, and accessibility £10 - £20 a circuit is a starting point

£25 to £30 per circuit, and get some one to help, or you will be there for the rest of your life.

Good luck, a nice job to get.

Cheers.........Howard

we are testing a mobile home site at the moment got to test 300 supplies to each mobile home we just charged for 2 man for 2 weeks its quite boring but it beats working in a loft in the nice weather and we are finding loads of faults the site was all rewired in 2003

we did an office block full inspection and test...2 floors..3 ph tn-c-s supply with 1 board to each phase....34 circuits........over 200 sockets and all the lighting was 600 x 600,s with cat 2s....took 2 of us a full week and we charged them £1500 and pulled loads of code 1,s so play it sensible,best to price it by day rate and not per circuit as we all know some circuits can have 1 item and another circuit can have 40 items and £25 quid to do half a days work on 1 circuit is not a good idea,think of it this way,do the day rate thing and you will get price work from the problems you find.

we did an office block full inspection and test...2 floors..3 ph tn-c-s supply with 1 board to each phase....34 circuits........over 200 sockets and all the lighting was 600 x 600,s with cat 2s....took 2 of us a full week and we charged them £1500 and pulled loads of code 1,s so play it sensible,best to price it by day rate and not per circuit as we all know some circuits can have 1 item and another circuit can have 40 items and £25 quid to do half a days work on 1 circuit is not a good idea,think of it this way,do the day rate thing and you will get price work from the problems you find.

Fair comment. I usually only do domestic test and inspect, so my £25 per circuit usually works out OK. I can see where you are coming from with commercial stuff though.

Cheers.........Howard

I would still advise to price per circuit on commercial. If the client wants an upfront price it is the only way of doing it. Giving them a dayworks rate is fine if you know how many days you will be there.

For £25 a circuit you will win some and lose some but in general it will average out in your favour.

1161 circuits, At 25 quid a circuit, .....that'll be 29 Grand please sir!!!

Wonder how many companies will stand for that sort of money???

Reply to Periodic Inspection Pricing Help in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net