Discuss Periodic Inspection Reports in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sinaloan

hi all,

i am currently an niceic domestic installer but i would like to be able to do periodics aswell which the domestic installer scheme doesnt allow. i spoke to the nic and they advised that i have to become an approved contractor to be able to do them. they said that i would have to show them some commercial or industrial jobs on my assesment. the problem is i dont do commercial or industrial work. they said they used to do an add on to allow to do periodics without having to become an approved contractor but they have stopped doing this. does that mean i cant ever do periodics? what sort of work would i have to show them and/or are there any other organisations which would allow me to do periodics without having to show them com/ind work? any help would be greatly appreciated

Im sure elecsa etc etc want a slice of cash from you Monkey?
Nothing in life is free, And if theres a governing body involved YOU PAY!!! lol
You dont need to be with a body Just have indenity insurance iv been led to believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Load of cobblars;
You can undertake periodics but you cant use the niceic headed certs/reports unless you are AC or pay to be Dpir registered.
If you are competant to undertake periodics then crack on mate, use one of the many certificate suppliers such as
Tysoft & then add your own logo or the DI logo.

With NAPIT you will need to get your 239 to allow you to do PIRs (if you do not have it already), you will also need Public Liability insurance too.

Regards WA

Yeah, I was being a bit special there!

You can stay with the NIC as a DI and carry out PIR's on the green certs. Correct me if I'm wrong gents but would you need to be an approved contractor with the NIC to purchase certs with cert numbers on them? It's not a requirement to have cert numbers on a periodic report anyway so I don't know why I mentioned it in the first place!

I use Tysoft and their easycert software which covers all you would need as a DI and is only £200 a year, which I think is pretty reasonable.

P.S. Because I was being a bit special, by default, Telectrix was too as he was in agreement with me. Agreed? LOL

Yeah, I was being a bit special there!

You can stay with the NIC as a DI and carry out PIR's on the green certs. Correct me if I'm wrong gents but would you need to be an approved contractor with the NIC to purchase certs with cert numbers on them? It's not a requirement to have cert numbers on a periodic report anyway so I don't know why I mentioned it in the first place!

I use Tysoft and their easycert software which covers all you would need as a DI and is only £200 a year, which I think is pretty reasonable.

P.S. Because I was being a bit special, by default, Telectrix was too as he was in agreement with me. Agreed? LOL
Castline is FREE<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< my favourite word!!

Castline is FREE<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< my favourite word!!

I tried using that but my laptop didn't like it for some reason. It was really slow and kept crashing. I deleted it and uploaded it again but it still kept playing up. Does it do that with you but because it's free you stick with it?

Does the same on my misses lappy Monkey, On my main pc its fine and dandy.
Tryed most of the other stuff on free trail found castline Matt friendly :)

Saves all the certs to a folder of your choose, Date/time stamps it and you can even put customer name.
You ever want a copy just search there name on your pc. SIMPLES BUTTY

i have been asked by a letting agent to do a load of periodics they said i have to be niceic tho. can i get away with giving them the green pirs then and use my nic for new inst and minor works certs? or do they have to have a red periodic with nic logo

i have been asked by a letting agent to do a load of periodics they said i have to be niceic tho. can i get away with giving them the green pirs then and use my nic for new inst and minor works certs? or do they have to have a red periodic with nic logo

Letting agents that do this get right on my nerves. Do it on a green and see if they say anything. The Easytest software prints directly on to NIC certs and I think the castline one does too. Use either of them and it'll look more professional too and as MattMoo says, it allows for easy record keeping.

Reply to Periodic Inspection Reports in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net