• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Periodic inspection in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matth

EF Member
Hello all,

I have just been asked by a customer to do a PIR on a commercial property ( portakabin type building, permanent location)

It would seem that there are half a dozen circuits, I have not visited the site yet.

How do you guys price for periodics?? Do you just charge for time or on a per circuit basis.

I have previously priced a job for a previous employer on a per circuit basis, but there was a large No of circuits ( over 15,000) not sure if I would dip out doing it this way...........

Paul.M

Electrician's Arms
I'd price it per circuit at £15 each including paperwork. How long will it take you to run around a portacabin? Start the job at 8am and you will still be able to buy a breakfast meal at McDonalds afterwards.

L

LlandrilloSpark

6-7 circuits, you can't test them fully in 2 hours, if you do your not doing it right.
When I do an inspection disconnect the circuit from the board and do r1+r2, ring, IR and Ze separately, I hate nothing more than seeing parallel IR readings on existing test schedules

D

Dave 85

Probably about time someone pointed out we dont do PIR's any more
Also 15,000 circuits????
That'd take 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.