Discuss Periodic inspection in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

monkeyelectric

Hi guys quick question, i'm on the niceic domestic installer scheme but does'nt cover me for periodic inspections, i called the nic but they say i should join there seperate scheme for periodics for another £400, can i do the inspection and tests off me own back and produce the certs?

Hi Monkeyelectric
In a nutshell yes ! you dont have to be registered to do periodics but it helps ! the problem is if someone gets injured or killed or property damaged etc you might have problems proving your competent without eg niceic assessed/passed plus you have to have professional imdemnity insurance to cover yourself ! having said that of course if you do go down that road and dont have insurance or assessed/passed etc theres nothing to stop you as its a report and doesnt need notifying ! id say if your very competent and only do the odd periodic its up to you but if you do lots of them pay the randsom and get covered mate.
Regards
Kung.

Reply to Periodic inspection in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

NICEIC Certification Scheme Getting accredited to
Looking for some advice regarding joining a CPS. I've been in the electrical industry in various roles for nearly 10 years. I started my...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks , Just looking for a bit of advice as I'm looking to get back on the tools so please bare with me if this is a bit long winded. I'm a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've gotten AI to write up a terms and conditions for my company and then went through it with AI and tweaked it to make it sound a...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys. I just joined niceic domestic Installer scheme. Now I want to notify building control about the job I did few weeks ago. I used...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm currently training thru a company called tradestech, not very impressed so far, I was told that within 6 months I'd be able to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock