Discuss periodic test problem in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

TONY JONES

would like you guys opinion on this scenario one of our guys carried out a periodic on a house for change of ownership and it appears that he failed to notice that a supply which unknowing to him was taken from a jb in the loft of a bungalow and through into the garage to other sockets and lights.
There was no indication of this on the consumer unit chart and he asked the occupier if there was any power to the garage and they said at the time NO POWER TO THE GARAGE.
i AM TRYING TO ASCERTAIN WHETHER OR NOT HE SHOULD HAVE PICKED THIS UP FROM HIS INSPECTION RECORDINGS R1+R2 FOR THE RING? AS WOULD THERE HAVE BEEN A HIGHER REDING AT ONE OF THE SOCKETS OR NOT? IF IT WAS SPURRED FROM A JB IN THE LOFT? i think he would have possible got a higher reading if he had done the r1 +r2 correctly on the ring cross over. Other than that he would have had no reason to actually go in the loft or would he?

YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS GREATLY APPRECIATED

Cheers.

Hi........ if the ring circuit had a jb installed on one of the legs in the loft then spurred of to the garage with lights sockets etc.

And if the jb wasn't noticed (fair enough in the loft) and the garage was asummed to have no power (therefore not inspected) the readings R1+R2... IR... or earth loop would NOT indicate anything wrong!

The PIR would be for the house only and should have said on the cert

Mark

What was the agreed extent and limitations for the inspection? If the garage was excluded there is no problem.

What was the agreed extent and limitations for the inspection? If the garage was excluded there is no problem.

thanks to both and need to check but am sure that this was not mentioned on the cert limitations.

cheers

I think need to review procedures with the tester on this matter so as no reoccurence.

Definately check 'Extent and Limitations'. But I would say I would never go on what the occupier says in the first place. Always check it out first.
He would have found out then that he couldn't get any reading on the lights because it was a spur from the ring.

Reply to periodic test problem in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock