Discuss Permagard loft ventilation:anybody heard of it? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
A customer is thinking of having this system installed,where to quote the blurb"fresh air is drawn in from outside into your loft and delivered
throughout your house from a concealed location in your loft space.The units have a number of speeds depending on how many rooms you have."A unit with heater is available to deter black mould.Can,t see how it would work with only one outlet from the loft and heating bills may go up.Thanks for any replies.
Regards,
S

This is another brand of PIV (Positive Input Ventilation] fan. I've fitted quite a few Nuaire units and they're actually very effective at reducing damp.

This will give you some idea of a double flux unit: https://media.adeo.com/marketplace/LMFR/89140407/a7b513ef-f883-47eb-b277-34d4137960cc.pdf

And a single flux unit with humidity control: https://www.leroymerlin.fr/produits...reglable-aldes-easyhome-compact-82201371.html

And let's not forget the fresh air has to come in from somewhere, window vents essential.

Also unless there is a service duct to all lower rooms these things only work on single story buildings, unless bulkheads are built to carry the ducting.

This will give you some idea of a double flux unit: https://media.adeo.com/marketplace/LMFR/89140407/a7b513ef-f883-47eb-b277-34d4137960cc.pdf

And a single flux unit with humidity control: https://www.leroymerlin.fr/produits...reglable-aldes-easyhome-compact-82201371.html

And let's not forget the fresh air has to come in from somewhere, window vents essential.

Also unless there is a service duct to all lower rooms these things only work on single story buildings, unless bulkheads are built to carry the ducting.
Mike,the the air is drawn from the outside by an inline fan in the loft and then blown onto the landing.The air is heated by a 400w heater.The fan is 11w,so can,t see how it can do much good.
.. .. .regards, S

Well the ones I've fitted have had great results. The thing is the fresh filtered air is constantly being circulated which drives out the stale damp air, you can adjust the fan speed for the property size, the heater is only a option and will only kick in to take the chill off the incoming air when it's cold. All this applies only to the Nu Aire units that I've installed, don't have experience of other types.

Well the ones I've fitted have had great results. The thing is the fresh filtered air is constantly being circulated which drives out the stale damp air, you can adjust the fan speed for the property size, the heater is only a option and will only kick in to take the chill off the incoming air when it's cold. All this applies only to the Nu Aire units that I've installed, don't have experience of other types.
Dave do the nu aire units blow air in all rooms,or just on the landing as my customers?
Thanks

Reply to Permagard loft ventilation:anybody heard of it? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock