Discuss Permagard loft ventilation:anybody heard of it? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

A customer is thinking of having this system installed,where to quote the blurb"fresh air is drawn in from outside into your loft and delivered
throughout your house from a concealed location in your loft space.The units have a number of speeds depending on how many rooms you have."A unit with heater is available to deter black mould.Can,t see how it would work with only one outlet from the loft and heating bills may go up.Thanks for any replies.
Regards,
S

Mike Johnson

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
This will give you some idea of a double flux unit: https://media.adeo.com/marketplace/LMFR/89140407/a7b513ef-f883-47eb-b277-34d4137960cc.pdf

And a single flux unit with humidity control: https://www.leroymerlin.fr/produits...reglable-aldes-easyhome-compact-82201371.html

And let's not forget the fresh air has to come in from somewhere, window vents essential.

Also unless there is a service duct to all lower rooms these things only work on single story buildings, unless bulkheads are built to carry the ducting.

OP
S
Reaction score
This will give you some idea of a double flux unit: https://media.adeo.com/marketplace/LMFR/89140407/a7b513ef-f883-47eb-b277-34d4137960cc.pdf

And a single flux unit with humidity control: https://www.leroymerlin.fr/produits...reglable-aldes-easyhome-compact-82201371.html

And let's not forget the fresh air has to come in from somewhere, window vents essential.

Also unless there is a service duct to all lower rooms these things only work on single story buildings, unless bulkheads are built to carry the ducting.
Mike,the the air is drawn from the outside by an inline fan in the loft and then blown onto the landing.The air is heated by a 400w heater.The fan is 11w,so can,t see how it can do much good.
.. .. .regards, S

Dave OCD

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Well the ones I've fitted have had great results. The thing is the fresh filtered air is constantly being circulated which drives out the stale damp air, you can adjust the fan speed for the property size, the heater is only a option and will only kick in to take the chill off the incoming air when it's cold. All this applies only to the Nu Aire units that I've installed, don't have experience of other types.

OP
S
Reaction score
Well the ones I've fitted have had great results. The thing is the fresh filtered air is constantly being circulated which drives out the stale damp air, you can adjust the fan speed for the property size, the heater is only a option and will only kick in to take the chill off the incoming air when it's cold. All this applies only to the Nu Aire units that I've installed, don't have experience of other types.
Dave do the nu aire units blow air in all rooms,or just on the landing as my customers?
Thanks

Reply to Permagard loft ventilation:anybody heard of it? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

C
Just had a boiler put in on a grant scheme. Water main earth bonding was connected in with the existing gas bonding's pipe clamp on the outlet pipework of the gas meter inside the meter box, then taken through the backplate of the gas meter box, then goes along behind the units to the water...
Replies
Views
Dave OCD
Dave OCD
M
I have just had some work carried our to rewire a lighting circuit in my house due to it having no earthing. The lighting circuit is the original lighting circuit that was installed when the house was built in the 50's which was ran in steel conduit. We now want to fit metal accessories but...
Replies
Views
Master Mech
M
C
  • Question
I have 2 Google Nest Outdoor cameras that I’d like to mount front and back under the eaves and power from the loft. Their power details: “Plugs into a standard household power outlet AC adapter input: 100–240V AC, 50/60Hz, 0.2AAC adapter output: 5V DC, 1.4A” This house is a rental, so no...
Replies
Views
westward10
westward10
A
So for the longest time I had issues in this location while gaming. I am on a second pc build that exhibits the same weirdness that made me actually quit playing Fifa though I loved the game. To use a simple clear example of weird behaviour, a game like Rocket League (maybe some have heard of...
Replies
Views
static zap
static zap
Mark42
I'm repurposing an agricultural building as a research workshop, where sometimes reasonably accurate air temperature control will be needed. I want to keep it simple, flexible, and cheap. Rather that fit modern and expensive wall-mounted heaters, which have a plethora of complicated...
Replies
Views
Mark42
Mark42

Electrical News from Electricians Forums and Friends

E
  • Article
Want to become a qualified electrician? Look carefully at the training courses on offer to avoid wasting time and money, is the advice in a new campaign from electrical industry body The Electrotechnical Skills Partnership (TESP). With thousands of searches each year on terms such as...
Replies
Views
Marty92
Dan
  • Article
You can now link your account with social media by going to the following page. https://www.electriciansforums.net/account/connected-accounts/ We had this feature some time ago but I removed it when Facebook was found to be selling the data they collected without informing the users of what...
Replies
Views
Dan
Dan
  • Article
There was a dodgy advert, typical clickbait, showing "how to save 90% on your electricity bill" which was not the case and it was actually showing some dangerous wiring tactics. Read the actual threads here:- What should be the code for this - C2 or C3 -...
Replies
Views
Jurassic Sparks
Jurassic Sparks
James
  • Article
The Go Plus hot tub is being recalled because you could get electrocuted taking a dip, according to press releases from the Chartered Trading Standards Institute (CTSI). An Amazon spokesperson said: "Safety is a top priority at Amazon. "We require all products offered in our store to comply...
Replies
Views
Dave Appleby
D
Dan
  • Article
Posted on behalf of @CKI:C.K-Tools Carl Kammerling International Ltd, also known to as ‘CKI’, are the company behind the C.K Tools brand. Founded in Germany in 1904 and with roots stretching back to 1790, we provide a wide range of hand tools, tool storage, power tool accessories and...
Replies
Views
telectrix
telectrix

Search Forum

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.