Discuss Personalised workwear in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mayfair

Hi
Do any of you find that company name on clothing apart from looking profesional actually generates any work, difficult to judge i know but anyone had any definite results from this sort of advertising.

Well, in the UK if you have personalised work wear its a business/marketing expense. I never visit a client without a polo shirt or sweater on so I am "identifiable" when they open the door.

It also works when I'm in the wholesalers and local lecky shops too!

I'd say its a must as its my "uniform" and buying decent quality polo shirts with embroidered logos is the way. I've got some that are 4 years old and still look OK.

EDIT: don't bother with ironed on logo's on t shirts - they look shxt on day 1 and even worse after 10 trips though the washing machine!

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally agree, walked in electrical wholsellers a few times, and sparks have stopped asking could we help on a job.

Tazz do you mean they stopped and asked if you could help them, or do you mean they have stopped asking you lol can you clarify mate

Tazz how long have you been a Mod/ and i dont mean style wise lol

Well, in the UK if you have personalised work wear its a business/marketing expense. I never visit a client without a polo shirt or sweater on so I am "identifiable" when they open the door.

It also works when I'm in the wholesalers and local lecky shops too!

I'd say its a must as its my "uniform" and buying decent quality polo shirts with embroidered logos is the way. I've got some that are 4 years old and still look OK.

EDIT: don't bother with ironed on logo's on t shirts - they look shxt on day 1 and even worse after 10 trips though the washing machine!

100% agree. I have polo shirts, fleeces, jackets, proper shirts all embroidered, and make sure I have my 'uniform' on every time I visit a client.

Hi
Do any of you find that company name on clothing apart from looking profesional actually generates any work...
I think you've got to look at your clothing more holistically as part of your brand rather than one its own.

Do any of you find that company name on clothing apart from looking profesional actually generates any work, difficult to judge i know but anyone had any definite results from this sort of advertising.

Had a few people stop me and ask questions and got a few jobs, last one was a guy at Screwfix who had bought a CCU and wasn't sure how to change it!

I just had a week away in Devon so had the opportunity to buy. Load of new clothes and get them embroidered whilst away.

They look fantastic.

I had 3 pairs of work trousers done, 3 hoodies and 8 tshirts, cost me £70 including setup. I had done the artwork.

I am so pleased I got it done, I feel like I have a uniform, and when you go in shops you look more professional.

And as others say, I always wear my uniform to see customers now, just looks do much better.

Id scan in one of them for you to see, but it would reveal my identity, like removing a mask... Mwhaaaa mwwhhhaaaaa has haa, as I ride of into the darkness on my horse with my cape flapping about.

Hi

You should try loitering in the electrical isle in the orange shed, I've picked up a few jobs doing that.... You ok mate, what you doing, changing a socket are you? Here's my card if you get stuck...

I got my clothing from snickers direct, Snickers Workwear

I got the clothes embroidered at Ashfield embroidery in Leicester.

watch them they can be right bastered's.

Nothing is ever updated from processing.

Stuff shows as instock on there site and it might not be in stock so your order will sit on the shelf until its there and you will never know unless you ring them.

To be fair if you ring them your not waiting long to get any answers.

I rang them to heck it was all in stock first, I ordered different sizes and colours, quite a lot of stuff, £200 worth, they sent it on a next day, I thm sent thm back the stuff I didn't want, got a refund for that straight away, and I ordered a few more bits the right size once I knew what I liked etc...

I never just buy online without calling first as I hate waiting for things.

I rang them to heck it was all in stock first, I ordered different sizes and colours, quite a lot of stuff, £200 worth, they sent it on a next day, I thm sent thm back the stuff I didn't want, got a refund for that straight away, and I ordered a few more bits the right size once I knew what I liked etc...

I never just buy online without calling first as I hate waiting for things.

Good idea.

To be fair i have done website design when I was at sixth form and its easy to add a stockcheck on site to show instock/out of stock when people place orders

Reply to Personalised workwear in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net