Discuss Peugeot Partner window problem in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

stevethesparks

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Chaps,
Over the xmas period, someone entered my van. Nothing stolen as nothing of worth left in there thankfully. I could see no obvious means of entry or damage. Only thing is, since then the drivers window will open but not close. I have to use the fob to close it. It also doesn't latch when opening, you have to hold the button down. When trying to close using the window button, its still opens?
Any ideas please?

If it is operating normally with the fob it sounds like the switch is faulty , or maybe they have used a device to get in if there is no damage.
Take the battery lead off for a few minutes and it may reset.

If it is operating normally with the fob it sounds like the switch is faulty , or maybe they have used a device to get in if there is no damage.
Take the battery lead off for a few minutes and it may reset.
i'd prefer to pull the window fuse. if he disses the battery, he'll need to retune his radio and hopefully it's not one of those silly coded ones or he's f*cked for radio 1. ( on reflection, that's a good thing. radio 1 has been crap since 1980).

HI,sounds like they may have spragged the top of the door,to gain access to the inner handle. This may have caused the window,to not run true,in the runners,and it may be this stiffness,that the motor control is sensing,and preventing auto-open.

If it looks visibly straight,i would strip off the door panel,and remove the motor. You can then manually operate the window,through it's full cycle,and feel any tight spots.

Sometimes,the pulling out of the door top,is not obvious,and the glass being quite strong,then bends the lower,unseen runners,inside the door,and this may be where the tightness lurks.

Not a common problem,round here....if they need your vehicle,it's a fishing-rod through the letter-box,or you get braced at the wheel,by some tooled up bandit ;)

I tried removing the fuse, and what a pain getting my hand in there, but no luck.
Can you access a door like that when double locked?
Also that wouldn't make the window open, when flicking the switch to shut.
Could a BSi reset be of any use, looking at the diagrahm, I wouldn't have thought so?
I'm a bit under the weather this week, so will have a further look in a few days.
Thanks all for your input anyway.

Reply to Peugeot Partner window problem in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net