Discuss Pfc / pscc question in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

lost-sole

Never been sure on this one as I know you record the highest, I use a fluke 1652 and I have to use all 3 leads just connect to main earth and phase and neutral it gives me ZE and not sure if its pfc or pscc reading or does it calculate the highest

Thanks for that will have a look when it finally comes back from CEF for calibration, I rang them to today to secure visting rights!!!

Thanks for that will have a look when it finally comes back from CEF for calibration, I rang them to today to secure visting rights!!!

Funny that CEF had my fluke for about 3 weeks.....

Thought it was the top left button switches between p-n (pssc)and p-n-e(pfc)

bottom left between the 2 readings.

On the 1653 tiz the button top left to change between pfc/pscc.

i also have 1652 and when doing ze i always leave on pfc and record those readings

Then you are not undertaking the test correctly, the highest result should be recorded on the certs. If you dont test it how do you know its not the higher of the two values?

Guys i am getting a bit confused by these posts talking about measuring PFC and PSCC:confused:

PFC is prospective fault current, and is the higher of the two readings of PSCC and PEFC.

Not familiar with the fluke, but normally you measure PFC, and depending on whether you measure it between live conductors, or between line and earth depicts whether you measuring PSCC or PEFC respectively.

On three lead measurements, neutral is jusy there to make the meter work and is not part of the measured circuit, so PEFC would be line, N and Cpc for your leads, and PSCC would be line to line, and both N and CPC leads to Neutral, erm.....wouldnd it:confused::)

Guys i am getting a bit confused by these posts talking about measuring PFC and PSCC:confused:

PFC is prospective fault current, and is the higher of the two readings of PSCC and PEFC.

Not familiar with the fluke, but normally you measure PFC, and depending on whether you measure it between live conductors, or between line and earth depicts whether you measuring PSCC or PEFC respectively.

On three lead measurements, neutral is jusy there to make the meter work and is not part of the measured circuit, so PEFC would be line, N and Cpc for your leads, and PSCC would be line to line, and both N and CPC leads to Neutral, erm.....wouldnd it:confused::)

You seem to be answering your own question.

If your tester has the facility to switch between the 2 then fine, However,most dedicated loop/psc testers do not have this and so the test leads must be connected according to what test is required.

yep on me 1652 top left as the rest of the flukes, forgot how much i love mine, was a pleasure having it do some testing for me!..clever little fluke, heres a special treat for been good....

Reply to Pfc / pscc question in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock