Discuss PFC with Fluke 1651 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I use a Fluke 1651. When testing Loop Impedance the tester calculates Prospective Fault Current by diving the measured mains voltage by the Loop Impedance and it displays the result at the bottom of the display as Ik PFC, I was wondering if this method that the fluke uses is the same as another tester would use to 'measure' the pfc? and if this figure is acceptable to be used on my certification?

My NICEIC inspector made a comment yesterday that cast doubt over this and I'd rather not ring him up to ask him!!

I was describing how I would take a Ze reading and I finished by telling him that the pfc reading would be displayed at the bottom of the screen, he said no thats not the pfc thats just a guide, he didn't say anymore just made a note for me to read chapter 8 of the NIC EIC testing and inspection manual...very helpful!!

i always take down that value u mentioned above and then i take a live to neutral value and which ever is higher will be my PFC value i put on cert.

i have a fluke 1651b, and i do the same. Read out the psc and pefc and use the higher, whats wrong with that? Maybe they would like you to calculate it, if that is the case I dont know how to do it ??

Reply to PFC with Fluke 1651 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All New to this forum, have read the posts on here from google but only recently signed up. I'm having some issues and some input would be...
Replies
Views
Recently I got a DL9118 multi-function tester and one of its capabilities is, of course, measuring Zs. But I wondered how it worked in terms of...
Replies
Views
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/can-you-really-test-circuit-6-dan-jackson-fiet incasee u dont use liked in heres the article in 2 posts An...
Replies
Views
On a job today and when testing got a Ze of 0.03 ohms on a tncs. Using a Kewtech 64DL. Installation has main fuse in hallway outside the 2...
Replies
Views
H
Hi all! I tried to measure earth resistance by loop method using fluke 1653 at MR system (TN) in hospital. But got abnormal results. The primary...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock