Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

pfc

Discuss pfc in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

chrisjudd

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

hi, i am studying for 2391 i hope i am grasping most things but am rather confused over
where exactly to test for pscc and pefc i.e does one test at the cu only or at ceiling roses and socket outlets, i am new to this forum any help gratefully rxd
chris judd

I think you test it at the farest ie ceiling rose/socket point of the circuit. don't quote me on the that. i'll get you an accurate answer very soon

E

EasyFox

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
PEFC & PSCC (or PFC) are the prospective fault currents under short circuit & earth fault conditions & should be tested at the cu, pscc = phase/neutral (double result for 3phase) & pefc = phase/neutral/earth.
You should also test at everyrelevent point of the installation, such as remote db's or basicaly where a protective device has to operate under fault conditions.
If you haven't got it, get a copy of Guidence Note 3 & you'll find all the info you need under section 2.7.15
Hope that helps

I think you test it at the farest ie ceiling rose/socket point of the circuit. don't quote me on the that. i'll get you an accurate answer very soon
You are on about Zs (earth fault loop impedance);)

Last edited by a moderator:
Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Reply to pfc in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom