pfc

Discuss pfc in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

chrisjudd

hi, i am studying for 2391 i hope i am grasping most things but am rather confused over
where exactly to test for pscc and pefc i.e does one test at the cu only or at ceiling roses and socket outlets, i am new to this forum any help gratefully rxd
chris judd

PEFC & PSCC (or PFC) are the prospective fault currents under short circuit & earth fault conditions & should be tested at the cu, pscc = phase/neutral (double result for 3phase) & pefc = phase/neutral/earth.
You should also test at everyrelevent point of the installation, such as remote db's or basicaly where a protective device has to operate under fault conditions.
If you haven't got it, get a copy of Guidence Note 3 & you'll find all the info you need under section 2.7.15
Hope that helps

I think you test it at the farest ie ceiling rose/socket point of the circuit. don't quote me on the that. i'll get you an accurate answer very soon

You are on about Zs (earth fault loop impedance);)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to pfc in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All Happy new year to all! First post but long timer lurker, so thanks for all the previous help! Just wanted to clarify something I have...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I really hope someone will be able to help. So last night I tried to change 2 ceiling rose / pendant lights at my mother in laws...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm replacing a 3-bulb spotlight with a standard BG ceiling rose but upon connecting, the light won't turn on; the problem is, I can't...
Replies
Views
I'm writing this mainly hoping something occurs to me while writing it! I got called to an occasionally tripping RCD. It's a Hager double height...
Replies
Views
Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock