Discuss Philae' Rosetta mission is a hoax! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

VoltzElectrical

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Does anyone else think that it's a bit far fetched to believe a probe launched 10 years ago, with possibly even older technology can be shot through space 300 million miles, then somehow 'landed and operated' on a gravity free rock hurtling through space?

This is the Western Front Willy Waving contest, backed up by the Media to 'show' the rest of the world how advanced we are, and how afraid of our technology they should be. It's a revival of the Cold War. Those images are coming from a studio somewhere!

course they didn't. they blew it when they brought back thast "moon rock". everybody with half a brain knows that the moon is made of cheese.

300million miles. who they kidding. they can't even get a mobile phone signal a few miles to half of cheshire.

come on voltz. it'sa an american flag . they fed it some ------.

They 'supposedly' only just made the Mars Rover, and we can effing SEE that planet with the naked eye, plus it aint moving! This Rosetta mission is preposterous to the sane mind.

Can you even VISUALISE 300 MILLION MILES! and onto a moving target. I mean, how did we even know the comet existed? You can't see it. It would have to be hypothesised using radio wave guessing.

I don't buy it.

Wave hello to China and Russia!

the americans couldn't hit berlin from 15.000 feet half the time.

so who's logos are on the probe? m&s or marlboro, now that their ads are banned on earth.

What would they achieve by faking it?

Global dominance (perceived anyway) in interstellar activity. Countries will then be looking in wasting resources in competing, whilst worrying about possible terrestrial application by the holding powers.

Like i said, it's political posturing, well that's my view anyway, and I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist, but the sheer magnitude of this mission, and what they hope to glean from it, I mean, they can't even get the samples back so what is the point of drilling for them?

As has been said, we can't even get decent mobile signal to large areas of this country (which is more important for economic growth?) but somehow we can miraculously land a probe on a tiny fast moving rock with no gravity many many millions of miles away, BLIND, using betamax technology for what economic purpose other than to make other economic powers cower to 'our' technological greatness.

Sorry volts but your post is showing your lack of knowledge in basic physics ... so I take it you didn't opt for this at school.

-Mobile phones work and operate in a totally different manor than the communication equipment used on this mission.
-Your moon conspiracy and all its alledged discrepencies have all been explained, you can even go to any university in the world that possess a Large laser emmiter/receiver and bounce the beam of a mirror placed on the moon during this mission, its often done to measure precise distance to the moon and any variations over time.
-The thing with comets in our solar system is they orbit the sun like the planets etc and have predictable paths that can be accurately calculated, now the comet was going at 35.000 mph and so was the lander so relative to each other they were stationary and thats why it was easy to make a landing, the hard part is the unknown value of the comets gravity and how hard the landing would be ....this is why it bouced over a mile from its first contact point.

Next you'll be saying the twin towers were an inside job too....?

Sorry volts but your post is showing your lack of knowledge in basic physics ... so I take it you didn't opt for this at school.

-Mobile phones work and operate in a totally different manor than the communication equipment used on this mission.
-Your moon conspiracy and all its alledged discrepencies have all been explained, you can even go to any university in the world that possess a Large laser emmiter/receiver and bounce the beam of a mirror placed on the moon during this mission, its often done to measure precise distance to the moon and any variations over time.
-The thing with comets in our solar system is they orbit the sun like the planets etc and have predictable paths that can be accurately calculated, now the comet was going at 35.000 mph and so was the lander so relative to each other they were stationary and thats why it was easy to make a landing, the hard part is the unknown value of the comets gravity and how hard the landing would be ....this is why it bouced over a mile from its first contact point.

Next you'll be saying the twin towers were an inside job too....?

I'm aware of all your raised points actually (much to your astonishment) but I'm still sceptical of the practicality of achieving the aims of the mission given the discrepancy in size, distances and time involved, and also the political advantages gained (as stated) in achieving success.

I'd just add, I'm throwing this whole theory out there for discussion. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I won't accept everything I'm told by anybody, including the media. Everybody has agendas. I'm just asking the question - really?

I'm aware of all your raised points actually (much to your astonishment) but I'm still sceptical of the practicality of achieving the aims of the mission given the discrepancy in size, distances and time involved, and also the political advantages gained (as stated) in achieving success.

I'd just add, I'm throwing this whole theory out there for discussion. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I won't accept everything I'm told by anybody, including the media. Everybody has agendas. I'm just asking the question - really?

Sorry, it just came across that way, and yes alot of the drive can be politically based as a superpower decides the best way to show who has the best Tech is to be the first, and this is what was known as the space race, its not quite like that anymore as technologies are shared and missions jointly funded. Take Russia and America who are as nations at each others throats but still share common ground with space missions as both rely on each other now to engineer a successful rocket launch into space.

The problem is that out of every 100 conspiracy theory's only one may hold some degree of truth but to a conspiracy theorist finding that one was true triggers a blinkered eye view of the world where every suggestion is true hence we have forums and groups dedicated to proving the world is run on conspiracy and we are force fed a constant lie, these people are usually low educated and easily led/gullible.

Yes agree though in that you shouldn't take evrything you read as gospel but regarding space missions there's little to gain in making it up nowadays because anyone can pick up these signals and follow the craft over the decade plus its a joint effect of many scientists from all over the world to attempt to land on a comet so who exactlly do you need to lie to.

Talking of conspiracy theories, the one that I think has legs is the assisination of JFK. Sure the chap took a couple of pot shots at him but the bullet that killed him, almost certainly came from a mistake from his protection squad in the car behind!

Talking of conspiracy theories, the one that I think has legs is the assisination of JFK. Sure the chap took a couple of pot shots at him but the bullet that killed him, almost certainly came from a mistake from his protection squad in the car behind!

Not unless they were firing rifles, as it was a rifle round that killed him. Protection squads don't normally carry rifles though, they are there to deal with close quarter protection and generally carry smaller automatic weapons...

Reply to Philae' Rosetta mission is a hoax! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock