Discuss Phone has background noise at one socket but not others! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Diode

Hi,
a customer of mine has 2 phone sockets with cordless sets connected that work fine. They have purchased an old fashioned style phone and when it's plugged in to the master socket it has background noise at it. When its plugged into the other socket it's fine though. Any idea how to resolve this?

that's the only thing that springs to my mind at the mo too. not like a dect phone that cancels background noise out etc.

Bound to be some sort of suppressor that can be fitted at the master.

Forget Suppression this is already done in the master, its a simple crap phone...send back to china...to prove this point plug in a decent phone into both master and slave and see if this fault continues

I thought the crap phone to be the issue, but it works ok with no interference in another socket. The other phones work fine in the socket in question though too!

Reply to Phone has background noise at one socket but not others! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi. I'm in the process of getting my qualifications and am taking on some small jobs for family to try and get some experience in. Today I was...
Replies
Views
Following the tragic tale from @telectrix about lightning damage to phones and modem leading to a serious loss of beer money I decided to take a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I moved home a few months ago and the electrics RCD keep tripping. Sometimes it will happen every few days and sometimes will be fine for a...
Replies
Views
Ok i may get slated for this one but here goes; A bit of background info first. Its been a while since ive looked at my iee regs, and ive not...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have an old Country villa in Spain. The housing electrics were not good so the house recently has been completely re-wired to a good...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock