Discuss Phone number in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

How does it work do you pay per call? How long are you guaranteed the number, if I get cards etc made up I want to know I'm not gonna need to do them again any time soon! Thanks

It is pretty easy I think, all you have to do is call your main telephone number supplier and set up a divert through them. I am not sure how much it costs (if anything), I would have thought the person making the call picks up the bill...............

I pay 1p per ten mins and £14.99 per year, well worth it to be honest, don't want people ringing my main home number incase boy asleep etc
Aslong as you pay the annual charge it's yours I've had mine 3 years now

Last edited:
Well iv got that set up at the moment on my bt line, but it rings for ages then is diverted I just want a local number that diverts straight away, bt told me its free to receive calls just 3.50 a month

Well iv got that set up at the moment on my bt line, but it rings for ages then is diverted I just want a local number that diverts straight away, bt told me its free to receive calls just 3.50 a month

My BT diverts as soon as the call comes in but I only use this function when my misses/secretary is at work!

Some people are funny about mobile numbers still. My wife gets racked off with people ringing the house in the day (disturbs her work) when the caller knows the chances are I'm out working.

generally if customers phone the landline, it's engaged as my missus is never off it and a call can't last for less than an hour or she feels she's been robbed. so then they phone the mobile.

I looked into this a while back, and all the diverting type seem like a lot of faffing about, risk of not getting the call, and very expensive. I ended up getting vodaphone's one net service. Choice of smart phones, mobile number and local land line number, both straight through to the mobile,email and all the usual guff, unlimited calls, unlimited texts and it's £55:00 per month.

I have a virtual local exchange number which diverts to my mobile phone from a company called city numbers. Costs £3 plus vat per month plus about 16p per minute for the diverted call. My bill averages about £5 a month much cheaper than paying BT line installation and monthy line rental.
With City numbers there is no long term contract so can suspend it at any time also think they do 0800 and 0845 numbers as well.
With a virtual number is you want to try and find customers in another town you can rent a dialing code for that area so giving the impression you are local to them.
I think you can also port the number to another provider if you decide you need fixed land line.

Reply to Phone number in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net