Discuss Phone wiring in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Stress head

I'm rewiring my house but doing it in stages as I'm loving in it with 8 month old baby. On phone wiring is it ok to have two radials from the master socket. Eg one cable from the master socket linking all the ground floor rooms and one linking all the first floor rooms ?

how many sockets though? if you look on the base of a phone or other device, it will have a REN number, usually 1. your total should not exceed REN 4.

It's not often you see multiple phone sockets any more, you normally have one for phone and router (same one NTE5) and another or sky (if your rich).
Gone are days when we spent time running phone sockets to every room.... What a pain that was.

It's not correct but it will work. My main concern would be if you are pumping broadband down the whole system. It's suprising how little it takes to make a router drop out. If you're running 3 pair telecoms cables one alternative would be to create a return loop down the same cable by joining 3 incoming wires at each position to 3 out going wires, the remaining wires would then be terminated at the plate to terminals 2,3 and 5. Most people don't realise that only 3 wires are required to make a telephone circuit work, in reality half the terminals on the back of a telephone outlet are redundant in a domestic telecoms circuit.

Reply to Phone wiring in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Well....wiring in a 1750s thatched cottage attic, not wiring made from thatch 🤪 One we have been letting for over 20 years (as well as enjoying...
Replies
Views
DIY query Have narrowed down the source of an occasional trip to one light circuit which is a varilight v-pro master dimmer slave set up. This...
Replies
Views
I bought this house a couple months ago. It was built in 1952 (same as me) but has been rewired with yellow 12 awg Romex dated 2007. Looks like a...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am looking to install a Quinetic double gang in line receiver switch (QURS2W) in my hallway on the ground floor to control the lights...
Replies
Views
I have been asked to change cu from old fuse board which has 6 fuses. Only 4 fuses are used. The first fuse feeds cooker circuit. This is not used...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock