Discuss Photoelectric Cell Sensor Light Switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Deleted member 105166

I'm looking for a photoelectric cell solution for two way light switching at the top of a ground floor staircase that descends to a basement. As the staircase enclosure is a feature in itself (open, oak bird cage effect) there is no option to attach a conventional switch anywhere.

We've wired for a device in the wall just above the second step from the top, so the beam will open when you begin to go down to the basement.

I've found these, which I'm familiar with as they're similar to what we've used on the roller shutter in one of the outbuildings, however they are too large and obtrusive for indoor domestic use.

Can anyone recommend a small, discrete device that will achieve the same result? Ideally the TX will be small enough to recess and make good, with a small reflector opposite.

mask off the side that you don't want to activate.

Reply to Photoelectric Cell Sensor Light Switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All, I am rewiring my basement, which includes the stairwell that leads from the main floor kitchen down to the basement. Here is an idea of...
Replies
Views
This isn't really an electrical issue as such but I know you guys are pretty tech savvy and familiar with all the latest and greatest...
Replies
Views
so i have been given this diagram and no explanation on what nay of it does, its for a safety relay for a robot cell it says this: 'Safety relays...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I'm currently renovating a house and have one particular requirement I'd like, if possible, sme suggestions. One of the things I would...
Replies
Views
Squid
S
M
Anyone got any thoughts on this? I've got a job to do installing an additional fluorescent (to provide localised light for a work area) in the...
Replies
Views
Mega Greg
M

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock