Discuss Photovoltaic Licenses >50kW in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

Pac Omer

Good morning everyone

I work for a Spanish company that makes turnkey projects and we want to get involved in the UK PV market. We are negotiating turnkey contracts of 5MW in the UK.

The issue is that we are not sure if we need licenses to do the projects, specially in the electrical works. As we are just the installers, we subcontract all the works performed, including the electrical ones.

Does my company need the licenses ROO-FIT? Or just the electrical installers we are going to subcontract?

If we decide to hire spanish workers that don't have the proper license, does my company need to get the ROO-FIT? Would the sub-contracted company be covered by it?

Also, I might be getting all wrong. Would the company who contract us be the one who need to get the licenses?

Kind regards

seriously though, you're going to be risking getting into problems if you're not using UK contractors, as you'll probably end up not doing something to the UK wiring regulations / building regulations specs, and having to go round rewiring the entire thing afterwards would presumably be a bit expensive.

if your already involved in 5mw projects i would have that employing a consultant in this area to assist would be a better way to handle 6 figure contract that asking on a forum?!

Hiring members on this forum will also get you a free £25 M&S voucher

I work for a UK company that makes turnkey projects and we want to get involved in the Spanish PV market. We are negotiating turnkey contracts of 5MW in Spain. If we decide to hire UK workers that don't have the proper license, does my company need to get the ROO-FIT? Would the sub-contracted company be covered by it?

you would have to meet the uk MCS standards.

So if you can use microsoft excel but dont have a clue about electrical installations or using tools but can talk a glass eye to sleep then

you can do it.

Reply to Photovoltaic Licenses >50kW in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock