Discuss Pictures in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

revolt3k

Anyone got any pictures from new installations or re-wires that they have done/doing?

Be good to see some others work and share ideas

no one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pictures {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Todays cu change + equip bonding & tails upgrade.

from these two old ones

Into a single split load unit, Oh and a socket for the garage.

Customer purchased the cu not me !

Todays cu change + equip bonding & tails upgrade.

from these two old ones

Into a single split load unit, Oh and a socket for the garage.

Customer purchased the cu not me !

Shame the installer installed an over populated CCU with less than 20% spare ways

I am not going to nit pick any shortcomings I might have noticed
Only to say that the knockers of the pictures show a little less than perfection themselves by not noticing the more important items that could have been picked up
The posts are of good quality electrical installation by people who take care and pride in their work
Leave perfection to the almighty and remember that good standards are what we strive for
The standards have been met
Perhaps a demonstration of your own standards could be made available for us to comment on?

I am not going to nit pick any shortcomings I might have noticed
Only to say that the knockers of the pictures show a little less than perfection themselves by not noticing the more important items that could have been picked up
The posts are of good quality electrical installation by people who take care and pride in their work
Leave perfection to the almighty and remember that good standards are what we strive for
The standards have been met
Perhaps a demonstration of your own standards could be made available for us to comment on?
wasnt nit picking des i was just saying i hope the main bonds are in place thats all,as for putting pictures of my own work up for no doubt constructive criticism ,some of us have got better things to do at work than take pretty pictures and while we on the subject dont see any of yours on here so get off your high horse.

i take it the 10mm earth bonds terminate at the M E T .

You are correct sir & they are connected to the met just below the line of the photo on the service head backboard.

Wonky Donkey
As for the over populated board & lack of 20% spare ways.
Well you cant have everything in life can you & as said I didnt purchase the cu the customer did.
But thanks for looking & commenting.

Had8lives
Yes no problem with the door shutting ;)

So nobody else brave enough to post pics then:p

i got a few of the mrs naked you can have,lol.im fitting a three phase board tomorrow i will post a pic so you can have your own back,how about it des i will show you mine if you show me yours.

looks grand....tidied it up a helluva lot. hideous looking board though innit...protek's not a brand have used before (thankfully). my only query is: did you have to cut a hole or remove a knockout for the tails to enter the board?? hope the holes in the bottom pic don't go all the way through. :eek: (that's the look on someone's face when they poke a finger into the holes)

well said des

here we go bring on the negative comments:cool:

and a consumer unit for ya

before

during

after

Nice work Jibtech.
Like the industrial, mostly do housebashing myself but do like to admire good quality work.
And seeing your radio has reminded me I've left mine in the loft conversion I've been working at today...........doh:(

C'mon be honest. That is a cracking job. Trying to get cables to look tidy when usually you have loads that are too short etc can be a pain. I would be proud of that. I always use a few zip ties to bunch them up and keep them bunched up. I was gonna say, he didnt buy the board someone else did, so he did the best he could with the tools given to him and excelled . Deffinately are brilliant job

Great pictures guys, thanks for sharing.

I dont think people should flame others work.but i do think people can learn from oneanother about what is good and what isnt so good. I think places like this and people posting pictures should be a source for helping others to reach a better and safer level of workmanship.

Thanks again to those who post up pics for us to look at.

Reply to Pictures in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock