Discuss Piko 3.1 inverter malfunction/ fault in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Tricky Mick

Hi Has any one had a fault mains malfunction 251, malfunction suppy voltage, then shows operating mode idle.It seems to show the sunny led on then goes into start mode showing it's generating then cuts out and flashed red fault led and shows the fault.I have only become aware of this because of a Mastervolt Sunwatch 25 wireless PV monitor just installed, which shows it's not producing any watts and the kwh s not increasing, in this state the generation meter is also not flashing which is what you would expect, but in sunny conditions like the last few days should be producing about 20 kwh's per day, compairing with a freind with simular 4kw installation and only 10 degress difference in PV panel alignment. I have only managed between 7 and 10 kwh' per day. the fault seem intermitent and I have no facility with this inverter to down load inverter Data, any help would be good, thanks

It could be that the inverter isn't correctly configured. Like many manufacturers, the Kostal Pikos need configuring during installation.

I wonder how many inverters in the country have been "fitted and forgotten" with incorrect country settings? A huge amount I suspect.

Sorry not sure of this as not mentioned in the short manual, I'll have to get a copy of the installation manual,is it on Kostal sight? or Do you mean the DC1 & DC2 need to be paralleled up? thank so far.

Not sure if it's on Kostal's site. What makes you think the inverter is set up for uk greater than 16A?

DC1 and DC2 are effectively irrelevant for this problem.

Because that is what the dip switches are set to on the communications board 1 in the inverter as per the Current data and amemdment to operating instructions sheet left, there is a setting for - UK/MT Less than 16A. what do you think? thanks

off the top of my head think its up down up down up down up for the uk g83 settings on the dip switchs... but might be the other way round... been a while since i done one!

Still not resolved my fault and its set for Uk G59 I do not seem to be able to get it to reset to the G83 setting to see if this fixes the fault as Piko Data shows up up down down up up down down but doe not say if its for G59 or G83 as when the inverter is powered back up it shows G59 on display as Piko manual seem to show dip switches in the up position with the switch node in the down position, any help please.

Reply to Piko 3.1 inverter malfunction/ fault in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net