Discuss Pilz Relays in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bridgey89

i am an apprentice in a factory doing electrical engineering. i would like to know how pilz safety relays work, and how they are wired into an electrical circuit. any info would be appreciated.

of the top of my head, terminals S11/S12 have to be made, ie take your wire from S11 and run through however many normally closed E-stops as you like and return to S12, the same can be applied to S23/24(or whatever they're labled), and take these through machine guards for example, S13/14 through light curtains. S33/34 will normally be used for reset relay. 13/14 will be normally open relay contacts, wire your control circuit through these immediately after your fuse,now if any e-stop, machine guard,or light curtain is operated, the safety relay de-energises, contacts 13/14 open and the machine becomes inoperable as the control circuit has dropped out, i didnt read Tester Steve's link but some of these sites assume prior knowledge and as you mentioned your an apprentice i thought i'd try to explain it for you, hope this helps;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Pilz Relays in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good evening! Don’t have a huge deal of experience with fire alarms but having to work on a conventional system at the minute with various...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, New to the forum but hoping I can find a little help with my restoration project... I am adding a secondary wiring "system" to my...
Replies
Views
Hello folks, So my van got found after being stolen ;D Now I'm installing my own alarm on the van which is triggered when a door is opened. Im...
Replies
Views
Hello right off the bat I'm a novice with a little better understanding than most(father was a electrician) but I am not an electrician. I'm...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to wire in a 4 core capacitive sensor into a safety circuit. I have brown, blue, white and black coloured cores and it's a NO sensor...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock