Discuss Pipe for polyplumb manifold in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

rolyberkin

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi All

Have a polyplumb manifold and want to put a radiator circuit from it, can I use speedfit pipe or is it best to use polyplumb? I have shed loads of speedfit pipe and fittings so would prefer to use it it it fits?

I think they are all standard 15mm, I have a spare manifold port and it seems to locate okay but just wondered if anyone had used it previously. I assume it will work?

Yes the polyplumb manifold is normally standard 15mm ports.

Have you considered the blending valve in your calculations? It will restrict the temperature of the water in the new radiator so it won't provide as much heat as other radiators on the system.

Yes I have taken that into consideration. It is just for one rad which is currently being fed from the pipes pre manifold, there is therefore no control as such, only on when the underfloor is on, I am putting in a larger rad. It is only to take the chill off a boot room so the temp of the UFH will be sufficient.

It may be an Indian Fahkirs' house,where the U/F has been turned up...hot-coals style...

Reply to Pipe for polyplumb manifold in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock