Discuss Pipe Stat to switch on pump in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

karmannmann

Any advice welcome Im fitting a pipe stat on the flow and need a pump to run when the temp reaches 60 c inside the stat is common , 1 and 2 just wondering the way to do it.

Cheers

Any advice welcome Im fitting a pipe stat on the flow and need a pump to run when the temp reaches 60 c inside the stat is common , 1 and 2 just wondering the way to do it.

Cheers

Thanks will do I wondered how to wire it in do i take 3 cores to the pump and then 3 cores from stat to pump ?

Thanks

generally you need 2 wires from the stat (unless cpc is needed) ie common and normally open. From what you stated above.....
When temp reaches set point then contact becomes closed to then turn on pump

If you dont mind i would like to know why and what for you are doing the above ?

generally you need 2 wires from the stat (unless cpc is needed) ie common and normally open. From what you stated above.....
When temp reaches set point then contact becomes closed to then turn on pump

If you dont mind i would like to know why and what for you are doing the above ?

I am installing a Straw biomass boiler and its been supplied with Pipe stat .

Cheers

karmannmann
Thanks for the reply, just never came across a situation where the pump comes on at a higher temp, learnt something new today :)

karmannmann
Thanks for the reply, just never came across a situation where the pump comes on at a higher temp, learnt something new today :)

There is is a larger primary pump that pumps from a 20 000 litre accumulator, the idea for the smaller pump is a shunt so it lets mixed warm water in the boiler.

Thanks

3 core to stat
1 core feed
1 core switch return, when stat calls to feed pump
1 core earth

Hi, I'm doing a similar upgrade to my heating but I've installed a wood burning boiler stove. This may be a simple wiring job for you electricians but could you please put a simpler explanation to the above, i.e. at the pipe stat L goes...... N goes..... E goes............. at the stat end L goes.............. N goes............... E goes........

Switched return when stat calls may as well refer to the coefficient of linear expansion of Ultra High Molecular High Density Polyethylene!!!

Hi, I'm doing a similar upgrade to my heating but I've installed a wood burning boiler stove. This may be a simple wiring job for you electricians but could you please put a simpler explanation to the above, i.e. at the pipe stat L goes...... N goes..... E goes............. at the stat end L goes.............. N goes............... E goes........BANG!

!!!

I would suggest you ask an electrician familiar with heating systems to connect.Wont take long and you will know it is right.

normally 2 pipe stats are used on solid fuel, one to bring the pump on when the temp gets very high to help avoid overheating, the other to stop the pump coming on before the primary water has reached a good temp. If the pump kicks in when the primary temps are low you can cause thermal shock which can lead to heavy corrosion in the heat exchanger.

Reply to Pipe Stat to switch on pump in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net