Discuss Pir and klik plugs in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

Cj24

Hi everyone was just wondering cus seen these klik plugs connected diff and first time iv really used them on site, but if you have your em feed and ya feed coming in and you have 3 kliks one being pir 2nd being em light and 3rd your non em, does your em feed go into your loop then another go from loop to your em 4 pin klik to A (aux) and your mains feed go into L on your pir 4 pin klik then a brown out of your A (aux) into L on your em 4 pin klik then L on your 3 pin so this is your sw, hope u understand that iv lost my self

Yea that is confusing.

Aux is normally for emergency
L is normall switched line to light
Loop is just a connection for a feed to next point. This connection does not carry on into flex when plugged in.

You dnt need em feed at pir do you so wat I am saying is that your feed goes in L and sw out of A is that correct with your em feed in and out going in to your loop

you feed the pir with the permanent live from the keyswitch, not the common feed from the board. if you fed the pir with the common feed and you break the keyswitch then the pir would still be able to switch the lights, which doesnt simulate a emergancy power loss situation.

basically from board feed key switch, from load side of ksw take up to pir and connect in
the A terminal, then take a live from the A terminal of pir to the A terminal of the em light, now back at the pir connect a live in the L terminal and the take it to the L terminal of the em light and then to the L terminal of the non em light. just treat the pir as a one way switch.

At your key sw you have feed from
mcb to the bottom side of sw then you have a perm
feed out of that and you have em
feed out top of key sw but you have only mentioned one cable comin out of key sw, where does your other brown go

no you have a feed from mcb to common (bottom) of keyswitch, then ONE permanent live from L1 (the top) which goes straight to the A terminal of the pir klik rose. why wud you need 2 coming out of key switch?

unless you are wiring the circuit up so that if you break the keyswitch only the emergancy would loose supply? if thats the case the you have the em feed out of top of ksw which goes soely to the em light. the other live which comes out of the bottom(which also has feed from mcb) would then go to the pir in the A terminal. so if you break the key sw then you would still have a supply to the pir.

i have allways wired up lightling so that when you break the keyswitch you lose the supply to everything, some times you can be specified to just lose supply to em lights when breaking key sw.

the reason why i wire it up like i do is because also the client or who ever performs a em light test so that they can measure the lux levels of the lights in the building under a power loss situation. if you wired it up so that only the em lights lose supply and not non em lights then they wouldnt be able to perform the test, unless they shut down the panel or whatever.

i dont know if i make sense , someone else could probably explain better.

Feed in keyswitch - Feed out to PIR, Creating a perm. Live. When keyswitch is then opened permanant live and all switch lives as of this de-energise. Creating a simulated power failure.

Have had the same problem at work trying to explain this to a fellow colleague this week.

Feed in keyswitch - Feed out to PIR, Creating a perm. Live. When keyswitch is then opened permanant live and all switch lives as of this de-energise. Creating a simulated power failure.

Have had the same problem at work trying to explain this to a fellow colleague this week.

yea thats probably an easier way of explaining it than i did

Very hard to explain things when typing them and my diagrams only I can understand...:D

Excuse me if this is not the 'proper' way of doing things but personally works for me.

That's how I do it to. Everyone else I work with does it like that. And I work in schools, hospitols, offices etc . So it must be a right way of doing it.:cool:

We sometimes have to wire so lights stay on wen em testing, so basically if I want lights going off wen testing I just go straight to my A in pir but if I want lights on I just run em feed straight to em light and take me perm feed to A

Reply to Pir and klik plugs in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock