Discuss pir code for undersizes water bond in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

25mm tails and a 16mm earth for a service supply of 60A?? Bit of an overkill to say the least!! ...lol!!!
Yep seems to be urban myth that the tails must be 25mm and the earth 16mm but for a flat with a 60A fuse then I would say 16mm tails 10mm earth and 6mm water/gas remember I have seen jobs lost because the customer wanted a new CU but did not want to upgrade the earth I think they call this common sense and why is it all of a sudden a safety problem when older installations have either no earth on the gas water and are borrowing one from the guy upstairs (work it out) or the earth is a 2.5-6.0

amazing we never had loads of deaths under 13th. 14th , 15th editions. we didn't have the digital test equipment to read to 0.01ohms, >299Mohms. no RCDs, very rare to see MCBs, yet the human race survived. wonder how.........

Because power requirements were not as large and the scope for electrical failures much less likely, and yes the systems WERE adequate at the time they were installed. We did still have the 10mm minimum size main bonding requirement for TNC-S in the 16th though, hmmm I wonder why? ;)

because when the 16th came out, we had test gear that could measure an EFLI of less than an ohm, accurately, so then the IEE as was could come up with some fancy new regs.

I have just done CU upgrade in a flat, 16mm & 6 earth with
6mm bonding. I feel 6mm is adequate for the installation even thought he main earthing system is TNCS. There is no damage or signs of overheating on earth conductors and disconnection times are good. Using ESC guidelines I've left 6mm in.

Reply to pir code for undersizes water bond in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock