Discuss PIR code... Intake ? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

TPES

What do you make of this, would any of you give this a code, it's the intake coming in split between a row of properties, the conductor has been joined but is exposed and has tape on it, I'm thinking to just note it on the cert and not warrant a code?

Attachments

• PIR code... Intake ? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323338921.183137 - EletriciansForums.net
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323338921.183137.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 45
i would protect yourself and give code 1 as an urgent defect, code 1 is because its exposed and someone could potentially touch it and get shock, i air on side of caution but also power suppliers take little responsibility but get client to contact them immediately while you are there

Note it no code but "reported to DNO" with any reference number they give you CYA

codes are only recommendations and not regulations and how different people look at safety aspect if unsure contact IEE theyll advise you proper method as different peoples interpretation , but because of possibility of touching live cables i would create an urgent defect report as dangerous and get client to sign it, then if someone is hurt there is no comeback to you

As you can see the insulation tape on the tail ends, what would the REC use to improve the connections on this external cut out?

Attachments

• PIR code... Intake ? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323524397.669462 - EletriciansForums.net
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323524397.669462.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 18
Yeah, they are line taps, just looks a bit exposed to me, would you say this is perfectly safe then just above the front door and there's no improvement that the DNO can make?

if it looks exposed to you go with what you think as i said use urgent defect report and get client to sign it and show this to client, at end of day if someone gets injured or killed you could potentially be held liable by their insurance for not reporting fault, its about safety and i think you feel its unsafe cause unfortunately theres a few different opinions on what to do and by doing what im advising means you will not be held liable

Reply to PIR code... Intake ? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock